FORUMS: list search recent posts

two menus must interact for playback

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Smith
two menus must interact for playback
on May 9, 2008 at 4:50:41 pm

I have been learning Encore, and have viewed the Lynda.com videos, but I have a question more advanced than the tutorials. I know how to set up a menu that selects Language, which sets the audio track number that is used until changed.

But I also have a menu to select Dolby Stereo vs. Dolby Digital 5.1. I can't point that to a given track number, because the two menu choices interact. Two choices X two choices = 4 audio track possibilities.

How do I select Spanish Stereo (track 3), for example? Choosing Spanish needs to tell the player, "play track 3 or 4, depending on format choice," and then choosing 5.1 Format tells the player, "play 1 or 3, depending on language choice," so the result would be track 3.

TIA.

Christopher Smith
CBN Animation

Return to posts index

Heath Firestone
Re: two menus must interact for playback
on May 10, 2008 at 12:15:53 am

I understand the problem with this approach, but I would probably approach this differently. You can accomplish tge same thing by using one menu (possibly labeled: Language and Surround Options), which has four options, English Stereo, English Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish Stereo, and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1.

Another way of doing this, is to have a menu which routes the person to either Spanish or English, and from here, routes them to the audio option, for Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1. From there, route them to your main menu, now that the appropriate Audio track has been selected.

In other words, rather than having the English/Spanish menu route them to a specific audio track, it routes them to a place where they will choose their surround sound option in the language they already chose.

I hope this helps.

Heath

Return to posts index

Christopher Smith
Re: two menus must interact for playback
on May 10, 2008 at 5:44:05 am

Heath,

Thank you very much for providing two solutions to this dilemma. I am building a Blu-ray disc using existing menus, so I figured there must be a solution in the authoring which would follow the existing menu artwork.

Your ideas both make a lot more sense, as well as providing a flow through the menus rather than expecting the viewer to visit both Language and Audio Format menus on his/her own. I'll rebuild the menus accordingly (I think I like the simpler 4-choice idea).

Christopher Smith
CBN Animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]