FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion Menu wmv file too short

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Moore
Motion Menu wmv file too short
on May 9, 2008 at 3:16:45 pm

In PC version of Encore CS3, Library, Wedding, Floral Menu the wmv video file only runs 12 seconds then the background goes black. In the sub menu its fine and keeps looping. Any ideas on how to make it loop in the main menu. As an alternative I can lengthen it in Premiere and save it as an avi, but how to convert it to a wmv to replace the wmv in Encore. After Effects only seems to have the ability to convert an avi to a wmv in the mac version.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Motion Menu wmv file too short
on May 9, 2008 at 5:20:04 pm

That menu works just fine here.

How do you first link to the menu?

Is the loop number set correctly?

Do you have any overrides set, any at all anywhere in the project?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Chris Moore
on May 10, 2008 at 6:59:40 am

Hi Jeff
Thanks for your help
The main menu is set to first play
Loop point set to 00:00:00:00 and Loop # Forever
Overrides are set in several places.
I'll start by taking off overrides. If that doesn't work then I'll try reinstalling. There could be a glitch somewhere.
Chris

Return to posts index

Sean McHenry
on May 14, 2008 at 3:32:32 pm

I am having the opposite issue. Main menu loops fine but after looping in submenus, they jump back to the main menu. I found sadly that the main menu only loops when I set it to Never, not forever. Odd don't you think?

Still trying to figure out why the submenus won't do more than one motion menu play then jump back to the main. End and overrides are pointing back to the submenu itself but they still jump to the main.

Sean

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on May 14, 2008 at 3:42:25 pm

Why are you using overrides? Unless you know exactly why you need them, all they will do is mess up your navigation.

Kind of like adjusting Curves in Photoshop without knowing what they're for or why you need them - very powerful, but you can get yourself into trouble faster than you can blink if you don't use them just right.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Chris Moore
on May 27, 2008 at 8:02:34 am

Jeff, sorry to be so long in replying. Thanks for the advice. I must have got some corruption as a re-install solved the problem, plus I learned my lesson re overrides.
Chris

Return to posts index

Chris Moore
on May 27, 2008 at 8:04:47 am

Hi Sean,
Sorry to take so long in replying. Thanks for your comments. I must have got some sort of file corruption as a re-install solved the issue.
Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]