FORUMS: list search recent posts

subpicture highlights

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jenny Man
subpicture highlights
on May 9, 2008 at 11:03:09 am

I'm finding that when I preview my Encore project, some pages that I navigate to have the subpicture highlight on automatically, although I haven't yet navigated to it/moused over it. This usually happens with just one button on a page, and the highlight goes off when I mouse over another button.

I'm a new user to Encore and have checked the subpictures in the right button layers have the correct prefix.

The other thing about these subpictures is they don't seem to go off when the mouse moves away from the button, only when another button is selected. Is this correct?

Many thanks

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Christopher Smith
Re: subpicture highlights
on May 9, 2008 at 4:58:54 pm

Double-click the menu in your assets list so it appears in the previewer. Then in the Properties panel it should say Menu at the very top. (Sorry if this is too basic.)
In the Properties for the Menu, you can select a Default button. That will be the one lit up when the viewer comes to that menu. You can also select a default button of None.

You're correct on your second point: once one button is selected, it doesn't go off until another button is selected. You're used to looking at DVDs on your computer, lol (like me), but on a DVD set-top player, there is no cursor to rollover the buttons, just a virtual highlight that has to be on one button at a time. Hence the behavior that you noted.

Christopher Smith
CBN Animation

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]