FORUMS: list search recent posts

Translate XML to XMP?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Meredith
Translate XML to XMP?
on May 8, 2008 at 1:31:41 am

Is this possible? I want to export metadata (chapter marks) from Avid to Encore. Have not found a way. I don't want to switch to DVDit just for that one feature.

Return to posts index

heath firestone
Re: Translate XML to XMP?
on May 14, 2008 at 4:57:50 am

Unfortunately, I don't know a way of doing this. However, when I have worked in a program that didn't support the chapter marks I needed, I just made a quick list of the chapter timecodes, and enter them into Encore. If you select the timeline, and click in the timeline timecode readout, you can type the timecode numerically without any punctuation, and it jumps you right to the spot. If you then right click on the curser and choose add chapter point, you can do a couple dozen chapter points in a couple of minutes. Not as nice as direct conversion, but it's also not very time consuming, and I'd much rather suffer the minor inconvenience than have to work in DVDit.

Heath

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Translate XML to XMP?
on May 14, 2008 at 11:03:54 am

[heath firestone] "If you then right click on the curser and choose add chapter point, you can do a couple dozen chapter points in a couple of minutes"

It's even faster than that - a quick tap of the asterisk key on the numeric keypad will add a chapter marker, just like it adds a sequence marker in PPro. :-)

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]