FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV to Blu-ray without re-encoding

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JuanAntonio Domingo
HDV to Blu-ray without re-encoding
on May 6, 2008 at 2:30:23 pm

Capture and HDV tape with Premiere CS3 and burn this clip into a Blu-ray without re-enconding again.

Can't do with Encore CS3 even demuxing original .m2t, changing extension to .m2v, .mpg, etcetera.

If I capture a clip from an HDV tape, for example, recorded at 1440x1080 25i, I've got an MPEG 2 file multiplexed in a .m2t container. Are those MPEG 2 files (.m2t) uncompatible with Blu-ray? (uncompatible perhaps is not the words).

Thanks.

JuanAntonio Domingo

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: HDV to Blu-ray without re-encoding
on May 8, 2008 at 10:01:56 pm

[JuanAntonio Domingo] "If I capture a clip from an HDV tape, for example, recorded at 1440x1080 25i, I've got an MPEG 2 file multiplexed in a .m2t container. Are those MPEG 2 files (.m2t) uncompatible with Blu-ray? (uncompatible perhaps is not the words)."

I don't think so. There are all kinds of flavors of MPEG-2 and the files have to be burned using the BluRay setting. On the Mac side, we use Compressor to prepare our files and one of the settings under HD is "BluRay."

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!
Read my Blog!
View Walter Biscardi's profile on LinkedIn

Return to posts index

JuanAntonio Domingo
Re: HDV to Blu-ray without re-encoding
on May 9, 2008 at 6:58:35 am

Thanks.
I've reading some workaround about how to do it but very, very strange. I've got several settings for re-encoding with very good results but, you know if you can avoid that process, much better. Sometimes is more what you think that what you (or your client) can see.

Thanks again.

JuanAntonio Domingo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]