FORUMS: list search recent posts

Visually show a book on a DVD? Possible?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Costantini
Visually show a book on a DVD? Possible?
on Apr 28, 2008 at 8:25:51 pm

Suppose I have a 50 page 8.5x11, black and white book (not scanned physical pages) with text and sheet music. Is there some feasible way to show this book on a DVD? i.e. - the person watching the DVD on their DVD can read each page using his remote control.

The only thing I have seen that is even remotely similar to what I'm asking is that Bible on DVD thing.

And I'm not asking only about Encore, if you know of some other product that helps one accomplish this type of task, I'd be interested in that too..

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Visually show a book on a DVD? Possible?
on Apr 28, 2008 at 10:22:21 pm

If you scan the pages, you could do it with an Encore slideshow.

Of course, you may have readability issues due to video resolution - DVD players are limited to standard definition video (720x480/576 pixels, NTSC/PAL).

Return to posts index

Mike Costantini
on Apr 28, 2008 at 10:45:49 pm

the pages are already in a digital format (and were never in a printed format to begin with) I suppose the resolution problem could be overcome with big enough words. But then of course the whole page would not fit on the screen.

This leads me to ask if there is some facility that exists that allows a viewer to actually scroll (a screen) up and down with the arrows on his remote?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 28, 2008 at 11:16:03 pm

Not in a DVD authoring tool, as DVD-Video doesn't offer this kind of feature.

You might be able to fake it using multiple menus. A lot of work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]