FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 720p HD Project for Local Playback

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Cardno
Exporting 720p HD Project for Local Playback
on Apr 26, 2008 at 10:35:47 am

Hi there, I'm coming to the concluding stages of an animated music video that is HD 1280 x 720 and I want to create an interface in Encore CS3 to play back the video as well as showing storyboards etc when I come to present it, running from a PC. I'm just checking in advance since I've not had time to use Encore CS3 that you can just export a Blu-Ray folder that will hold the content and thus be able to play back in any DVD software player in full HD res on a PC.

I don't have Blu-Ray, but I know I could just export a DVD at 720x576 and then play it back on the comp scaled up, but Im presuming I'll lose a fair bit of quality/the High Definition if done this way. Can you be in a Blu-Ray 720p project and export that to DVD which will play back at full HD size on a PC?

Thanks a lot for any help and advice you can give me!
Cheers,
Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Cardno
Re: Exporting 720p HD Project for Local Playback
on May 21, 2008 at 7:48:24 pm

Hi, I've since managed to produce a Blu-Ray folder from Encore after importing the raw 'animation' video and have purchased Nero HD to play back the folder and it does, but my problem is this:

The video is all motion graphics at 720p 25fps, and you can't seem to select 25p with this resolution inside encore thus the final transcoded video, certain lines look real grainy as if it's interlaced, on some of the main movements...

Can anyone help with some suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Would I be better pre-transcoding the video in Sorenson squeeze or something first, does this work?

Many thanks in advance!
Steve

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Exporting 720p HD Project for Local Playback
on May 21, 2008 at 8:50:15 pm

I'm pretty sure 25p is illegal for BD.

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]