FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have trouble with DVD's not being finalized?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Kennell
Anyone have trouble with DVD's not being finalized?
on Apr 24, 2008 at 10:09:26 pm

I've had problems with two completely different workstations failing to finalize DVD's. Both running a recent update to Production Premium CS3. After burning the project via Encore, I'll attempt to play them in an older DVD player that I test my DVD's with.

If they fail to play, I'll go back to the computer and check the disc with ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com) and 100% of the discs that fail to play, the disc will show as unfinalized.

I've been around and around with Adobe support about this, and have done everything from re-installing CS Production Premium, to testing with different burners, etc. Does someone else have this problem??

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Anyone have trouble with DVD's not being finalized?
on Apr 24, 2008 at 11:43:40 pm

This should only be an issue with RW discs. Are you having the problem with R discs?

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Brian Kennell
Re: Anyone have trouble with DVD's not being finalized?
on Apr 25, 2008 at 3:59:22 am

I'm using Tayo-Yuden 4.7GB DVD-R's. I have examples of these discs that I even offered to mail to Adobe because their "support" reps insisted that i was doing something wrong or had faulty hardware. This happens on two different machines (one windows XP SP2, the other Vista x64) that previously never had problems with the older Production Studio.

go figure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]