FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Menus in Encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Emehizer
AE Menus in Encore CS3
on Apr 21, 2008 at 10:23:27 pm

I am going out of my mind. I have read the Myleniums TUT (http://library.creativecow.net/articles/mylenium/presets/video-tutorial.php
for creating a DVD menu in After Effects CS3. I have also read the threads in this post about bringing them in Encore. none of this is working for me. I have created a nice intro animation that reveals my name and my Encore menu buttons. I have followed the Milleniums tutorial and it went very well in AE. I cannot seam to be able to bring this into Encore. i don't want a static menu. I have made my button compositions into Encore buttons from inside of AE. I tried to drag my layered composition into the Encore Project window. I then Alt dragged the AE menu composition into a new menu in Encore. In the FLowchart window I pick whiped from the Project DVD to my menu with the AE comp in it. I do not see my buttons to navigate to their respective videos. Esentially all I am making is a portfolio DVD with my videos. I have an intro animation to reveal the menu, then five animated buttons showing clips of my video pieces. I wanted the user to simply click on one of the clips to play the whole video. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you,
kevin

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: AE Menus in Encore CS3
on Apr 21, 2008 at 10:41:52 pm

[Kevin Emehizer] "I have made my button compositions into Encore buttons from inside of AE"

Everything you have detailed about your workflow seems correct except for the above quote.

Make sure the subpicture layer(s), the ones with (=1), (=2) or (=3), are invisible in AE. Either delete them outright or turn off their visibility.

Use Photoshop or Encore to create your subpicture layers. Remember that they are 2-bit graphics, so no fair using fancy layer styles or effects in PS.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]