FORUMS: list search recent posts

what format to use for Encore

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
what format to use for Encore
on Apr 21, 2008 at 7:48:46 am

I'm rendering my movie file in Premiere for use in Encore. Should I just click on File > Export > Render Movie or should I use the Adobe Media Encoder and use MPEG2? If so, what other settings should I do? I was told Encore likes MPEG2 better than avi. Thanks and God bless.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: what format to use for Encore
on Apr 21, 2008 at 1:27:05 pm

Encore will accept AVI or MPEG-2, and Encore and Premiere use the same MPEG-2 encoder, so the only question is really where you want to encode your file.

If you're familiar with the MPEG-2 specification and do your own bit budget, you could encode in Premiere - but Encore can do it automatically with your AVI at build time, or when you choose Transcode Now.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Apr 22, 2008 at 12:50:01 am

Thanks Joe. I'm using Encore to build a DVD with menus. I was told that by rendering it in Premiere straight to MPEG2, I'll be able to save time because Encore won't have to transcode it from AVI to MPEG2 (in case I choose to send an AVI file to Encore). Is this right? God bless.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:10:27 am

Hi Clyde,

Not really - you won't save any time by encoding to MPEG-2 from Premiere, as it'll take just as long to encode there as it would in Encore.

But encoding to MPEG-2 in either application is just fine...wherever you happen to like to spend your time. :)

-Joe

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:44:48 am

Yes, but by bringing an MPEG 2 file to Encore instead of an AVI, Encore doesn't need to transcode anymore since it already received an MPEG2 file from Premiere. There's no need to transcode because the file is already MPEG2. Am I thinking correctly? God bless.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 22, 2008 at 3:29:53 pm

You are forgetting that it will take just as much time to transcode to MPEG-2 in Premiere as it will in Encore.

Either way is fine. Where you choose to spend your time is your choice.

Return to posts index

Chris Jamros
on May 3, 2008 at 10:46:21 pm

But don't you have to first export to AVI in Premiere, THEN transcode in Encore, thus rendering twice?

...doesn't it save time to only encode it once by going straight to MPEG2 from Premiere?

If so, are there any Encore-specific settings that are better to use when making MPEG2s from Premiere...and After Effects, for that matter?

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on May 5, 2008 at 1:58:34 am

That's exactly what I'm asking. I need a way to render just once. God bless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]