FORUMS: list search recent posts

buttons not right on some players

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Collins
buttons not right on some players
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:01:39 pm

I've just authored my first DVD using Encore--switching from iDVD and DVDSP so I can make a Blu-ray and SD-DVD from same project.

It's a simple menu--one long video with chapters. The problem is that in some players the button subpicture doesn't show up. I'm just using a simple underline.

It works great on computers and two players I've tested it on. On the other two--both Panasonic--the menu comes up fine, it's just that the subpicture is invisible (no underline). If I press enter, it plays the video fine, but I can't use the arrows on the remote to go through the buttons. Well, actually it looks like it is going through the buttons, I just can't see the subpicture move around. Make sense?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: buttons not right on some players
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:35:09 pm

Some things to try:

1. Try different blank media types - +R to -R or vice versa.

2. Try different blank media brand - Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim are best.

3. Try creating a disc image in Encore, then burning the image to disc using the freeware ImgBurn.

4. Try updating the firmware for the Panasonic players. If they are Panasonic DVD recorders then you have my sympathy. My old Panasonic DVDR sometimes would refuse to play even commercially mastered DVDs, never mind about burned DVDs.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Rob Collins
Re: buttons not right on some players
on Apr 17, 2008 at 7:51:12 pm

Thanks Jeff, will give a try. But I'm guessing it's something I'm doing or not doing in Encore, since my discs from iDVD and DVDSP work fine in those players.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]