FORUMS: list search recent posts

xmp and xmpses files

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank laciak
xmp and xmpses files
on Apr 17, 2008 at 12:36:39 pm

I've created a project in Encore CS3, and imported wav and m2v files from Premiere Pro CS3 as a time line. The related xmp and xmpses files are located in the same folder as the assets. I may subsequently add additional chapter points or replace an asset, and then saved the Encore project.

Are the xmp and xmpses files still needed in subsequent loads of that project, or is all the relevant information now saved in the Encore Project?

I want to archive the project and associated assets, but if I no longer need the xmp and xmpses file, I don't want to save them.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: xmp and xmpses files
on Apr 17, 2008 at 4:29:35 pm

The xmp and xmpses files contain data about the associated file. I'd keep them, just in case I ever wanted to use the video in Encore again.

If you don't intend to use the video ever again in Encore, you can nuke them.

Return to posts index

Nick Shaw
Re: xmp and xmpses files
on Jan 14, 2010 at 3:52:55 pm

I have copied some mpeg2 files onto my hard drive, then i imported them into adobe premiere CS4....i've noticed that the xmp files appear in the same containing folder on the drive...

i was in serious need of any hard drive space i could achieve, so i deleted the xmp files....now i cant see or hear any sign of audio on my timeline...

is there any way i can restore the xmp files....im in need of any answers or HELP...
Please and thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]