FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore causes system freeze on transcode

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas hensler
Encore causes system freeze on transcode
on Apr 14, 2008 at 12:03:11 pm

I have been having so much trouble with this, and i don't know what is wrong. I am trying to transcode an avi file that was captured with PP from a DV camera. It was a straight recorded tape, in to out, and then that file was put into encore.

When i try to transcode that file, after a couple of min. my whole system freezes. I have tried reinstalling encore, and tried different transcode settings too. i even tried shorter clips, and it still causes my system to crash and require a restart.

any ideas as to what the problem could be?

PP
Encore 2
Pentium 4, 1GB ram

thanks,

tom

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore causes system freeze on transcode
on Apr 14, 2008 at 12:25:24 pm

This is almost certainly a hardware problem or a conflicting software/codec problem.

Can you transcode the same material to mpeg in PPro without the system freeze/crash?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

thomas hensler
on Apr 14, 2008 at 1:59:47 pm

no, it crashes through the premier transcode as well. is there a way i can check for codec problems? there is no hardware conflicts through the device manager, but other than that...not sure.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 14, 2008 at 3:04:59 pm

This could be almost any hardware problem, from overheating the CPU to a bad memory chip. If you have a 3rd-party capture card like Matrox or Aja installed, the odds go up if the drivers for those cards aren't perfectly matched to your setup.

Software conflicts will usually result from codecs that get installed at the system level and interfere with Premiere/Encore when the video is transcoded. Look for other encoders or DVD players that you have installed, especially any "free" versions that you may have acquired.

Finding the cause (and fixing it!) will not be easy. At some point you may find it easier just to re-format and reinstall only Windows and your mission-critical apps. Unfortunately, if it's a hardware problem, re-formatting and reinstalling won't help at all.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]