FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird Error

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra Miller
Weird Error
on Apr 9, 2008 at 9:47:47 pm

Hello,

I was just creating a DVD in Encore 2.0. The transcoding process went smoothly, but after beginning the disc layout, the build failed and a weird error that I've never seen popped up.

Here it is:

"internal software error: .VobulatorTitlePlannerCGOPGrouperer.cpp, line 297"

Any ideas on what this can be?

Thanks!
Sandra

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Weird Error
on Apr 10, 2008 at 12:15:41 am

Please give as many details as you can about how your project is constructed.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 10, 2008 at 1:36:24 pm

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for...

I created 4 timelines to play one after the other as previews before the main menu. The main menu has 4 links, 3 of them are to 3 individual timelines, and the other link is to a sub menu. The submenu has 5 links, 4 of them are to individual timelines, and the other is a link back to the main menu.

That being said, I created timelines and added video, and I also created menus and added buttons.

Sandra

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:11:57 pm

That's good info to start with. :-)

1. Did you set any overrides, at all, anywhere in your project? If so, remove them. This probably isn't relevant to your situation, but it's a really good thing to do. Overrides can mess up your disc navigation something terrible.

2. What is your source video format? MPEG? AVI? QuickTime? If MPEG, what software did you use to transcode it?

3. Did you add your own chapters, or did you import them from Premiere Pro?

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:27:54 pm

Hi Jeff,

Here are my answers:

1. Did you set any overrides, at all, anywhere in your project?
No, I didn't set any overrides.

2. What is your source video format? MPEG? AVI? QuickTime? If MPEG, what software did you use to transcode it?
All of my videos are AVIs that I have created in Premeire Pro, with just the standard DV AVI export settings.

3. Did you add your own chapters, or did you import them from Premiere Pro?
No chapters were created.

------------------------------

Here's more information regarding my videos, which may be helpful:

- The main video is about 60 minutes in length, and the second longest video is about 30 minutes. All of the others are anywhere from 30 seconds to 6 minutes in length.
- The menus are motion menus set to loop forever with music as well.
- For this project I did use template buttons instead of creating my own, but in the past it hasn't caused any problems.

Last night, I did try to export again, with the project saved as another name, but that didn't work either. The same error came up. I just rebuilt the project and I'm sitting through the trascoding process right now.

Thanks for your assistance!
Sandra

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:40:54 pm

Let us know how the new project turns out.

Here's a wild guess - did you use time remapping or any other kind of speed changes in PPro?

Also, have you installed any software recently that has anything to do with MPEG encoding or playback?

What is the source format of your audio files? Any .mp3s in there?

Overall, your project seems straightforward and shouldn't cause any problems at all (as you have already guessed).

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:54:18 pm

Hi Jeff,

I didn't use time remapping or do any other speed changes in Premiere. Could that cause a problem?

I actually installed Videora Ipod Converter a few months ago, but I burn DVDs just like this one all of the time with no errors.

I do have 1 individual audio file for the menus, and that is in wav format.

I started the DVD build/burn process at 10:17am, so in the next hour or so, I should be able to see if it is going to burn or not, and I'll let you know.

Thanks for your assistance!
Sandra

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:09:09 pm

[Sandra Miller] "I didn't use time remapping or do any other speed changes in Premiere. Could that cause a problem?"

Not likely. But I have heard of vobulator errors in PPro coming up when speed changes are involved.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:21:36 pm

Hey Jeff,

The DVD burn was successful. That's a really weird error, if it comes up again, I'll repost and let you know.

Thanks for your help!
Sandra

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 10, 2008 at 4:47:17 pm

You're welcome. Glad you got it working.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Joseph M. Morgan
on Apr 11, 2008 at 4:18:56 pm

Sandra,

I know you've solved the issue, and I've read the whole thread. I'm wondering if this might have the same solution as the "File Exists" error some have been getting.

I noticed you saved the file under a different name and built successfully from there.

I believe your media cache files might have been corrupt. Next time, try closing Encore and making a backup of your project. Then go into the directory(folder) Encore typically creates where your project is located. It is usually named the same as your project.

Under there you will see two other folders, one of which has the word "cache" in it. Delete the entire folder.

Restart Encore and retry the project.

Keep us posted.

Thanks
Joe Morgan

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 11, 2008 at 4:45:08 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your response. Actually, I was unable to build/burn successfully with the project saved as a new name. I had to rebuild the project from scratch.

What is this "File Exists" error that others have been getting?

Thanks for the tip for the media cache files!

Sandra

Return to posts index

Joseph M. Morgan
on Apr 11, 2008 at 6:12:55 pm

File "File Exists" error happens in similar fashion. You go to burn/transcode, and it churns all the way to the end and then stops with "File Exists" and that's it.

Though that's not the exact error you got, it might be a similar symptom. If deleting the media cache files solves it, then I would suspect it might be the same error, just maybe from slightly different versions of Encore.

Anyway, glad you got it working.

Joe

Return to posts index

Sandra Miller
on Apr 18, 2008 at 3:37:45 pm

Hello,

I'm posting this here, because I am working on another DVD, with the same content, except that the main video is different. I left a DVD burning overnight, and when I came back to the computer this morning, it was as if someone had come and closed the encore application, and hence my DVD burn was unsuccessful.

Well, I tried it again today, and after transcoding for 50, Encore closed by itself. No warnings popped up, it just closed.

What could this be? Anything to do with the error I had earlier? It hasn't done this before.

Thanks!
Sandra

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]