FORUMS: list search recent posts

Chapter Index doesn't work if. . .

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Costantini
Chapter Index doesn't work if. . .
on Apr 8, 2008 at 7:07:08 am

I just discovered that I can't get the chapter index feature to work if I have an introduction chapter, followed by 85 chapters. In other words. Chapter Index will assign every single chapter on the timeline beginning with chapter 1, even if you started with chapter 2 on your chapter index menu (with the thought of adding that first chapter later) Not only that, but I cannot delete chapter 1 from the timeline. So it seems I will need to do all this chaptering manually unless anyone else has an idea?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Chapter Index doesn't work if. . .
on Apr 8, 2008 at 1:54:24 pm

Put the intro chapter into its own timeline. Does that help?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 8, 2008 at 3:11:23 pm

The feature is working, but it's not working exactly as you would like it to.

So you have 85 chapters on a timeline, but you don't want the first chapter in the chapter menu? It's not clear to me exactly what you want to do, but Jeff's suggestion is a good one.

Return to posts index

Mike Costantini
on Apr 8, 2008 at 4:01:52 pm

No worries, it took me a few hours but I did everything manually. I kind of had to anyways because you have to have all your chapters in your timeline named, and have the get name from link option selected, otherwise it just repeats everything on the chapter index menu. So I had to:

1) Create the first menu just the way I wanted it which turned out to be the intro button, 28 chapters, and navigation buttons

2) Make a copy of that menu and manually change each text button 1-28 to 29-56, repeat this til I reached 100 chapters. Comes out to 4 menus.

3) Import my first asset and drop it onto the first timeline

4) alt-tab back and forth between NLE and Encore copying the timecode for every single chapter point and inserting them in the timeline.

5) Used link tool to link each chapter to its button.

My first timeline went up to 85 chapters so today I'll do the second one which will be the rest. I didn't think to have the intro thing in its own timeline, but just as well, it's basically done..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]