FORUMS: list search recent posts

motion problem in .VOB to MPEG2 conversion

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt heeley
motion problem in .VOB to MPEG2 conversion
on Apr 7, 2008 at 4:02:26 pm

Hello!

Im using a program called MPEG video wizard to convert .VOB files into MPEG2 so i can import them into Encore to make into DVDs..

the problem is, this process seems to reduced the quality of the footage in the sense that any time there is quick left to right camera movement or text titles moving across the screen.. there are visible horizontal lines where the footage seems to be "catching-up" with the motion..

can anyone suggest why this might occur and does anyone have any suggestions for how i could solve this problem?

any help would be very much appreciated!

Matt

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: motion problem in .VOB to MPEG2 conversion
on Apr 7, 2008 at 9:28:25 pm

Converting in MPEG Video Wizard can be tricky if you are not very, very careful.

Check whether your field order got inverted during the conversion.

Check that the file didn't get re-encoded during the conversion.

Alternatively, it may only be a preview issue in Encore. Interlaced video will have interlacing artifacts when displayed on a computer monitor. That's normal. It will look good on an interlaced television. If the preview monitor in Encore is set to 100% zoom, those artifacts will be apparent.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

matt heeley
Re: motion problem in .VOB to MPEG2 conversion
on Apr 8, 2008 at 8:34:12 am

Hey Jeff,

Thankyou very much for your reply, you'll have to excuse my ignorance as im pretty much a novice when it comes to this.

I work for an educational film company in distribution and we've recently had a few problems with some masters we need to make.

Ive had no problem with Encore up until now, but recently when ive had to combine or split episodes onto separate discs i get this problem with the horizontal lines.. i presume the problem occurs in the convertion process from .VOB to MPEG2.

I will now look into what you have suggested and also have a read of that guide as well!..

Thanks very much for the advice Jeff!

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]