FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore Menus

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey Condeelis
Encore Menus
on Apr 7, 2008 at 10:40:32 am

What I am trying to do is; I am useing one of Encores Menu Librarys that I have replaced the background with my own .AVI. I was wanting to fad up Encores Menu of buttons and titles 10 seconds later after watching my .AVI movie that is in the background. Can this fad on be done? If so HOW? THANKS so very much:)

THANKS

Return to posts index

Nicholas Shera
Re: Encore Menus
on Apr 7, 2008 at 2:40:30 pm

To fade buttons in, you go to Menu > Create After Effects Composition. After Effects will open.

You then have to select all the button layers in the AE composition, and ensure their opacity is set to 0 until the 10-second mark in the timeline. Then make all these layers 100% opacity shortly after the 10-second mark. Use the stopwatch to add appropriate opacity keyframes.

Save the AE composition.

Go back to Encore, and go to File > Adobe Dynamic Link > Import After Effects Composition. Select the file you just saved in AE. It will appear in the project panel.

Alt+drag the AE composition onto the Menu panel. This will set the AE composition as a video background. You will have to turn off the visibility of any static layers which may be hiding the animated video background.

It's also important to make sure that the loop point in the Menu properties is at the time when all the buttons are completely opaque. That way the menu won't loop from the very beginning where the buttons are invisible.

Hope all this helps.

Return to posts index

Nicholas Shera
on Apr 8, 2008 at 4:23:56 am

I realise that I need to clarify a few things in my post. In AE, you will also have to import the background video you intend to use for the Encore menu. The AE composition length needs to be as long as you wish the background video to play.

If your menu contains motion thumbnails, it will be trickier to do what you want. You will need to make an AE comp that runs only up to the point when all the buttons become 100% visible. You then import this comp into Encore, make a timeline for it, and set this timeline as First Play. At the end of this timeline, you need to link it to the Main Menu. But this method means that any video included in the First Play timeline has to be continuous with any video background you set in the menu, otherwise you will get a jump in the video motion.

It's often easier to do EVERYTHING in AE, including video thumbnails. This gives you complete control.

Return to posts index

Joey Condeelis
on Apr 8, 2008 at 1:12:43 pm

Nicholas, thank you so much for you time. I will do as you say tomorrow. Sounds easy:)

THANKS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]