FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you add a scaled video to a (motion) menu? (Not a button... an actual smaller sized video clip to the background)

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Court Hale
How do you add a scaled video to a (motion) menu? (Not a button... an actual smaller sized video clip to the background)
on Apr 4, 2008 at 6:58:36 pm

I want to place a scaled down video clip onto a menu and can't seem to figure out how to do this... It works easily with buttons, making thumbnails that you can resize, but when I am working with an object I can't get a video to place correctly within it. The video asset simply shows up in full menu scale in the background. Additionally, I thought that even if it pulls in in all its full sized glory I could grab it and scale it down with the move tool just like I can in photoshop or premiere, but alas, this doesn't work either. Nor does making a new (%)video layer.

Any advice on how to do this? I'm sure I am just missing something obvious...

Thank you!

Return to posts index

John Rich
Re: How do you add a scaled video to a (motion) menu? (Not a button... an actual smaller sized video clip to the background)
on Apr 6, 2008 at 6:38:53 pm

If you just wanted to do a still picture you could use a replacement layer.

However, for video you could create a video button and then hook up a timeline playing something but not include it in the button routing.
Also, you could create a picture in picture in After Effects or premiere and then use that as a background for your menu.
John

JOHNR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]