FORUMS: list search recent posts

How does Encore handle 486 to 480 conversion?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Hartzog
How does Encore handle 486 to 480 conversion?
on Apr 3, 2008 at 5:16:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I am working out an issue with interlacing/deinterlacing (see my recent thread in the Media 844x forum if interested), and it was suggested I ask the following question in this forum:

How does Encore handle the 486 to 480 conversion when importing an asset? Does it do so by scaling the incoming images? Or does it crop the lines (4 top, 2 bottom)? Is there an option/a way to choose what it does so I can have control over it?

Thank you!
Jennifer

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: How does Encore handle 486 to 480 conversion?
on Apr 3, 2008 at 6:54:17 pm

Encore crops - I believe - the top 3 and bottom 3 lines.

NTSC SD video on DVD must be 480 pixels high. If you want more control over this, then export or otherwise crop your video to 720x480 before bringing it into Encore.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Hartzog
on Apr 8, 2008 at 12:38:19 pm

Thank you for your response, Joe. I'm wondering.. in the Edit Project Transcode Presets menu, it gives you a cropping option at the top of the screen for Left, Right, Top, and Bottom, and you can enter in a numerical value. Is this the same kind of cropping that we are talking about, and I can do the conversion cropping manually? Or is that just a general cropping option?
Thanks,
Jennifer

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 8, 2008 at 3:06:18 pm

That is a good question, Jennifer - I don't know the answer definitively as I haven't tried it myself, but I expect that would work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]