FORUMS: list search recent posts

end actions not working

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Jordan
end actions not working
on Apr 1, 2008 at 8:56:35 pm

Anyone,

Searched the cow archives for this, but nothing specific about my issue. I am using Encore 1.5.1 and having trouble with end actions on timelines. I have deleted all overrides on all menus and timelines. All the end actions for menus work fine. The end actions for timelines do not. The timeline is repeated instead of going back to my menu. I reinstalled the software. I also created a new Encore project thinking my first one was corrupted. Still the same problem. What can I do next?

Terry

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: end actions not working
on Apr 1, 2008 at 9:45:51 pm

Can you create a brand-new project, import a video clip as a timeline, set the end action of the timeline to itself and get the timeline to repeat?

If you are successful, can you then add a menu, make the menu first play, link a button to the timeline, change the end action of the timeline to point to the menu, and get the timeline to return to the menu?

What you are trying to do is common and should work without any problems. Procedural error is the only cause that I can think of, which is why I am asking you to set up these basic tasks.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Terry Jordan
on Apr 16, 2008 at 12:46:24 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the advice. In the meantime I went on to another project, but came back to this one later. I took your advice and imported one clip at a time and tested the commands one at a time. I avoided the "overrides". It works! Either I had a corrupted original file or selecting the "overrides" then deselecting them caused my DVD to not work the way I wanted. Anyway, all is well.

Thanks
Terry Jordan.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Apr 16, 2008 at 12:53:30 pm

I'm glad you got it working. Thanks for posting your results.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]