FORUMS: list search recent posts

99 chapter limit? Way to beat it?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Costantini
99 chapter limit? Way to beat it?
on Mar 31, 2008 at 7:16:37 pm

Hello, I need to create a DVD-9 with 103 chapters (Intro, 100 examples, conclusion, credits) Is this possible to do with Adobe Encore DVD? If so, how can I do it? If it's not possible to have more than 99 chapters, I will have to probably combine the Intro and example 1 as well as the Conclusion and Credits which I don't really want to do.. Any help is appreciated. I am using CS3

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: 99 chapter limit? Way to beat it?
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:17:15 pm

99 chapters per timeline is a DVD-Video limitation, not one imposed by Encore.

Try multiple timelines.

Return to posts index

Mike Costantini
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:22:16 pm

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate a bit on using multiple timelines? In other words, could I have 52 chapters on one timeline and 52 chapters on a second timeline. But would I still be able to have a "play all" button that would play each chapter consecutively if the viewer so chooses? I would assume I would just create a button that plays a playlist consisting of timelines 1 and 2, correct?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:44:17 pm

You could use multiple timelines in a single playlist.

Understand there will be a brief pause (depending on player, around 1 second) when going from one timeline in a playlist to another, so if there are any chapters that don't have to run without pauses, that's the place to split into two timelines.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]