FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default button selected at opening screen

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Beck
Default button selected at opening screen
on Mar 29, 2008 at 5:27:54 pm

In Encore CS3 I have set the default button to none so that no button is automatically highlighted or selected when the first play menu opens but Encore continues to over-ride mey selections and chooses a button as the default selected button. Isn't there any way to open the menu so that no buttons are selected?

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Default button selected at opening screen
on Mar 29, 2008 at 7:42:47 pm

Why do you want to do that? Unless you are making a special menu with some kind of Easter Egg, that will only confuse the audience.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

John Beck
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:58:06 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure there could be some confusion as this is not necessarily the standard but I wanted the menu to show as designed without the default highlight which is distracting to one of the items designated as a button.

Thanks for the guide, I will read through it. I am always interested in more information and glad to have the attached guide.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:33:06 pm

It's not possible to have a menu in the DVD-Video format with no buttons selected. If 'None' is chosen, then the first button will be selected.

If you don't want selection shown, create an invisible button and make it the default button.

Return to posts index

John Beck
on Mar 31, 2008 at 8:54:38 pm

Joe,

Cool idea--I never thought of that. Thanks indeed.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Hartzog
on Apr 3, 2008 at 5:12:11 pm

Along this same topic, I have encountered difficulty when I have selected "none" as my default button, so that it will automatically return to the last button selected. But when it goes back to that menu, it sometimes highlights a different button than was ever chosen. What gives?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Apr 3, 2008 at 6:51:42 pm

If your goal is to automatically return to the last button selected, then don't set your default button to 'None'.

Instead, leave the default at 1 (or whatever button you want selected when you first enter the menu), and then set the timeline Remote Menu property to 'Return to Last Menu' - this will return to the menu with the last button selected highlighted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]