FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion menus in Encore CS3

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rod Laughridge
Motion menus in Encore CS3
on Mar 28, 2008 at 2:01:25 am

I'd like to know how to create a motion menu in Adobe Encore CS3. I have the manual that came with the software, and I have the Premiere Pro CS3 book and that has 2 chapters on Encore, but none of it really shows me how to create a motion menu for my DVD. I've used the menu template in Encore, but I have 14 chapter markers and the template only gives room for about 5 or 6 depending on which template you use. I tried adding more buttons, but when I do, there is no way, that I can find, to get to them to link them to the chaper markers, and I'm having trouble finding how to make them video buttons. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Contrain

Return to posts index

Dale Beistel
Re: Motion menus in Encore CS3
on Apr 14, 2008 at 11:38:24 am

Okay, here we go. This took me several hours to figure out after I found your post. I only found your post because I was trying to figure out the same thing.

1. Create your movie file that is your motion menu, attach it as an asset. Do not build a time line out of it.
2. Create a new menu, hold the Alt key while selecting your menu asset you just attached and drag it to the menu you just crated. This will make the asset the background object of the menu, the first frame of the motion menu is the still image you will see.
3. Add your buttons and affects that you want.
4. Go to the File menu and select menu option render menu's wait the few min it will take to build the menu.
5. Preview your new menu.

You can play with different effects for your menu background in Photoshop CS3 extended, adding transparencies to the screen to mask part of the movie that is your background.

Hope this helps you. Please excuse the spelling and grammar I am dyslexic, or lesdysex depending on who you are.

Thank you

Dale.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]