Has anyone figured out the work flow to get .SCC files into FCP and or DVDPro and or Encore CS3 and out of them as captioned DVD's or captioned web files or anything else for that matter. It seems to be very confusing when compared to the more traditional method. I was always hoping it would be easier but maybe it just sounds hard.
If anyone has a successful workflow in and out of these programs please share it.
Running Avid Media Composer Adrenaline...
1. Layoff finished master to BSP or DVCPRO.
2. Make chase tape (my captioner still wants VHS) with TC window & on ch 2.
3. Send tape & script to captioner.
4. Review CC file for errors.
5. Adjust timecode on the approved .scc file using SCCTOOLS. This is because MPEG2 elementary streams do not carry TC. MPEG files start at 00:00:00:00, so the the TC in the .scc file needs to be relative to that. I do this myself, but my captioner will do it if I ask.
6. Link the adjusted .scc file to the timeline in Encore.
7. Burn a check disc and review to make sure the captions appear when & where expected.
8. Make a master disc or DLT & send to replicator to make a zillion copies.
9. Congratulate self on a job well done!
American Heart Association