FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu video changes to still image after adding text..Why?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reynolds
Menu video changes to still image after adding text..Why?
on Mar 11, 2008 at 5:23:33 pm

Just recently started using Encore CS3 and made a menu video in After effects. Exported it as an avi and brought in as a menu in Encore. I then dropped in two buttons on top and made the necessary text and font changes. Then when I went to preview it the video turned into a still image instead of the running video I made. What happened? Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Can't I add text or buttons to a running video without it converting to a still image?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Menu video changes to still image after adding text..Why?
on Mar 11, 2008 at 6:39:05 pm

When you add anything to the menu, you must render it.

File > Render > Motion Menus.

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Mar 11, 2008 at 6:55:09 pm

DUH! I feel so stupid....That's what I get for not reading the entire manual. Thanks for telling me on this. I was about to give up. I'm also having so many problems with the program crashing when I do a build check that I can't figure out what's going on. Been reading about over lapping buttons as the cause...(not mine). But it seems you have to be really careful not to do the wrong thing while on this program/project or it gets corrupt easily.

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Mar 11, 2008 at 7:43:31 pm

No worries.

Something like this shouldn't affect application stability. If you have reproducible steps that introduce instability, please file a bug report on Adobe's web site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]