FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slight pause only before selected chapter

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zvi Twersky
Slight pause only before selected chapter
on Mar 11, 2008 at 11:14:40 am

Hey guys!

I have a problem. I put one long video file in a timeline with chapters (not a playlist) and link each chapter to a button in the menu. Since no chapter has any "end action", all the chapters will play with no pause when the first chapter is pushed on the remote. The timeline itself has an end action to return to the main menu, so when the whole movie is finished, it will so just so. No problem here so far...

My problem is when a chapter is SELCETED on the remote. First chapter or any other one... there will be a slight pause before it actually starts to play, so if the chapter starts with music, it will "skip" about half a second and not start at the very begining of the chapter. Again... when its just playing the whole thing, it will not pause before each chapter... just a chapter that was selected on the remote will cause this pause(skip).

My work around so far was to make about 15 frames of blank space in my editing program before each chapter but there must be a way to solve this in Encore.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

George Wing
Re: Slight pause only before selected chapter
on Mar 11, 2008 at 11:49:14 am

What type of video are you putting on the timeline (DVD Compliant that will NOT be re-encoded, or a vide othat needs to be encoded)?

Your problem might be that the chapter mark you are setting is being "offset" to the nearest valid I-Frame for a chapter mark.

Regards,
George

Return to posts index

Zvi Twersky
Re: Slight pause only before selected chapter
on Mar 11, 2008 at 12:36:14 pm

I don't think so because Encore won't allow you to put chapters anywhere other then I-frames.

I'm using some Avi codec. (Canopus - but it happens with any compression. Mpeg I haven't tried though because I usually import untranscoded video to Encore and let IT do that job. Just saves me time so my Editing program frees up faster. (much longer to export to mpeg).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]