Hi, I'm using Encore 2.0, and I'm receiving a few different errors. Sometimes it says "end of file", sometimes it says "file exists" and sometimes I get a message about my operating system not function correctly. I've tried this on two different computers, and it keeps giving me the same problem. I've been working this for 40 hours now, and I am about to go insane if I cannot figure this out. I get these errors when I built my DVD. I've tried building an image file and also a dvd disc, still with no luck. I even bought Jeff Bellune's book "The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore 2.0". But it didn't offer much help in regards to these errors. Somebody please help!!!! I've had it with Encore!
Can you post the full error message it gives you? I have been getting some problems with Encore 2.0 as well lately, and I found some solutions...
Also, you can google the name of the message with "Adobe encore 2.0" in the searchline and that usually brings up some links.
Thanks for the reply. The exact error messages are "end of file" and another one says "file exists". There is no other description as to what the error is. Both of them have a yellow exclamation mark. I've tried searching these error messages, and have tried all the suggestions I've read. What solutions did you have? Thanks again.
1. Go to File>Save As and save a copy of your project.
2. Ensure you are working on the copy.
3. Delete all of the motion backgrounds from all of your motion menus.
4. Save the project and exit Encore.
5. Launch Encore and re-load the project you just saved.
6. Go to Edit>Preferences>Media and clean the media cache database.
7. Add the motion content back to your motion menus.
8. Save your project.
9. Try to build again.
That should clear up at least one of the error messages.
My sympathies are with you about the errors.. it was maddening for me, as well. I had a guy from the IT department at my job come for over 1 1/4 hours to work on fixing the errors. We found that installing new video drivers, cleaning up the Windows temp folder, and disconnecting my USB eliminated the errors. However, I never encountered your error, so I don't know if that will fix it or not.
The websites I found helpful were: http://www.adobeforums.com, http://forum.matrox.com, and http://discussions.virtualdr.com.
Going on my intuition, it sounds like perhaps there is something corrupt with the file. When I encountered the errors and it wouldn't let me continue with the project, I "saved as" a new file (i.e. Stest7 became Stest8) and reset my links as needed, which allowed me to continue working. (Eventually #9 was the one that finally worked, so you know how many times I had to restart!!)