FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to Edit in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Magana
Unable to Edit in Photoshop
on Mar 6, 2008 at 2:11:56 am

We recently got some of the new Adobe programs at my school, and when I'm editing a menu in Encore DVD CS3, and try to Edit the Menu in Photoshop CS3, it says "Could not edit in Photoshop. Photoshop does not appear to be installed." This would be fine, except that at the same time, I'm sitting with an open Photoshop window open. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I wanted to see if there was a fix before I got the evil tech lady to re-install.

Return to posts index

nick kuprion
Re: Unable to Edit in Photoshop
on Oct 29, 2008 at 9:04:32 pm

same here in cs4 what gives

It's All About Video...

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Oct 29, 2008 at 9:46:21 pm

In past versions, when this happened it was due to the user's operating system not associating PSD files with Photoshop.

You didn't mention your OS, but with no applications running, try double-clicking a PSD file - which application opens the file?

Return to posts index

Max Magana
on Oct 29, 2008 at 11:25:41 pm

Thanks. I eventually figured it out. Especially because I posted it several months ago. But I'm glad to see that someone was paying attention. And you said, my comp just wasnt associating PSDs with Photoshop.

Return to posts index

nick kuprion
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:00:57 am

i am running XP Pro. it look like the Nero pic viewer opened it but i changed it, when i click on it now it opens in PS but still not in encore. how do you change the default viewer?

It's All About Video...

Return to posts index

nick kuprion
on Oct 30, 2008 at 4:04:44 am

i think i got it i changed the setting on another file and it seems to work now. so all that you need to do is go in a file right click on it and change the viewing properties to the PS setting.

It's All About Video...

Return to posts index

nick kuprion
on Feb 26, 2009 at 5:46:15 pm

all that you need to do is go to a image file right click on it and change the open with properties Photoshop setting.

It's All About Video...

Return to posts index

Adolphe Parfait
on Feb 25, 2009 at 9:02:36 am

Program used to work fine. I had to re-install Windows XP recently. I re-installed the Adobe CS3 suite but notice that I can no longer edit menu in photoshop as Encore CS3 thinks that Photoshop is not installed
Please help.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 25, 2009 at 1:51:45 pm

Did you read all the posts in this thread? What happened when you tried the solution that was given?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

nick kuprion
on Jul 30, 2010 at 2:30:41 am

Have you been able to get your system fixed? Fixing the file should really fix the problem.

It's All About Video...

Return to posts index

Adrian de Pagter
on Jan 23, 2010 at 4:52:01 pm

I have the same problem and tried the proposal, but it does not work.
Please help,
Ad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]