FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore/After Effects Menu Creation

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Rutherford
Encore/After Effects Menu Creation
on Feb 29, 2008 at 5:12:30 pm

I am trying to animate a menu IN After Effects FOR Encore. My issue is getting Encore to recognize the buttons I created in the Dynamically Linked Comp in After Effects. I have searched the forums over the past couple of days and do not see my specific question…

Basically, I am trying to get a menu to play up to a certain point where I animate the buttons on (in After Effects) and then make them clickable by setting the loop point at when the buttons are fully visible in Encore.

The buttons (as far as After Effects is concerned) are simply text set to “reveal” based on a luma track-matte of another layer.

A sample animation is available here:

When the text reveals (first one line, then the next), I don’t mind if the “button highlight” for the auto-selected button (in this case “Main Feature”) pops on – I don’t even know if highlights CAN be animated…

I have very limited Encore experience, but I am comfortable in After Effects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Stephen Rutherford

Graphics Producer: Gale Force Media, CanesVision & Wolfpack TV

stephenr@carolinahurricanes.com

CAROLINA HURRICANES: 2006 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore/After Effects Menu Creation
on Feb 29, 2008 at 6:48:33 pm

Set the loop point to when both text buttons are fully visible on-screen.

Then create a highlight-only button that overlays the text in the AE video.

Highlight-only buttons are regular buttons that have had all of their layers either turned off by poking out the eyeball, or deleted (except the (=1) layer).

Let us know how it goes.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Stephen Rutherford
on Feb 29, 2008 at 7:19:11 pm

I guess I need to back up a step and figure out how to sucessfully create a button in After Effects that Encore can recognize...

I can't seem to get my buttons to translate through the dynamically linked comps between After Effects and Encore. No matter if I start in Encore or start in After Effects, I can't seem to get the other program to recognize the button at all. What am I doing wrong?

Stephen Rutherford

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 29, 2008 at 9:25:47 pm

You're making this too hard.

You don't make any functional buttons in AE. All you do in AE is composite the graphics that will be part of the button when the menu's back in Encore.

In the demo clip you posted, you've already done that with the text layers.

Back in Encore, create a new button in the Menu viewer. You can use the text tool to type text that matches the text in the AE comp. It can be a shape or a button from the library, or one you create yourself using Photoshop.

If you do the text thing, use the Layers panel to make the text a button by clicking in the empty square next to the text layer. That will make it a button. Then hide the text layer and the button highlight will remain. Position the highlight over the AE text and you'll be good to go.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Stephen Rutherford
on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:04:45 pm

Thanks, Jeff... I was making it much harder in my head than it needed to be. I made the subpictures in Encore and it worked great. Thanks so much!

Stephen Rutherford

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Mar 1, 2008 at 7:29:26 pm

You're welcome...Glad to help. :)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]