FORUMS: list search recent posts

Freezes and locks up my Computer

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Set Apart
Freezes and locks up my Computer
on Feb 27, 2008 at 11:26:34 pm

I'm using Encore version 2.0

I'm using quicktime reference files from AVID. And it locks up the computer and takes OVER an hour to burn a 30 minute simple video DVD?

I have 2 gigs of ram on that computer HP xw8200

It takes too long and locks up everything. Is there a way around this?

Return to posts index

Shawn Michael Lee
Re: Freezes and locks up my Computer
on Feb 28, 2008 at 3:25:48 pm

We're using AVID Adrenaline 1.6. We have tried using Encore 2.0 in the past. However, it must use a version of Quicktime that causes problem in the AVID.

We rolled back to 1.5. The problem there is that Encore has problems with reference files that A)contain audio and B)are over 15 minutes or so. The workaround from AVID is copy the sequence. Delete the audio from one. Export the reference with just the video. Then from the other sequence, export only the audio as a wav file.
In Encore, choose "import as timeline" and select both the ref file and the wav.

That's how we are doing it. Don't know if your problem is similar. Sounds like it.

Return to posts index

Set Apart
on Feb 29, 2008 at 4:34:13 am

Thanks. Good idea. I'm definitely going to try that. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks. By the way, is there an upgrade to Encore 2.0 yet?

Return to posts index

Shawn Michael Lee
on Feb 29, 2008 at 4:38:05 pm

By an upgrade, do you mean besides the Encore CS3? As far as I know, Encore 2.0 and up still require Quicktime 7. Avid Adrenaline 1.6 and below can't use QT 7 without major bugs in the Media Composer. That's why we still use 1.5. It's easier and cheaper than upgrading the AVID Adrenaline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]