FORUMS: list search recent posts

Build to Flash Bug

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Klassen
Build to Flash Bug
on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:52:37 pm

I've built a simple test menu with three linked buttons to try out the Build to Flash option, and I'm getting a couple bugs:

- The track 1 video stops on the last frame without performing an end task back to the menu even though it works in preview.

- All videos do not perform the proper end task to the next sequential button, but works in preview. It will always revert back to the same button in the menu (Button 1).

Any explanation and/or fix for this?

Thanks,
Eric

Return to posts index

Jennica Musselman
Re: Build to Flash Bug
on Feb 29, 2008 at 5:44:52 pm

Eric,

I have a fix to the end action (your first question). You can fix it by changing the duration of the clip in the XML file that Encore creates. It turns out if you change the duration (I just removed the decimal in mine and rounded off to whole #) - it will work out. Just open the xml file, find the reference to the offending video/menu and change the duration. Doing this fixed this problem for me and the clips always returned to the menu after playing.

For the whole thread, go to the Adobe Forums:
http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?128@@.3bc4c83e

As to your second question, I have the same error but I can't find a solution to it. It's possible that Flash cannot encode setting a button to be highlighted as an end action; there are limitations for similar things listed in the guidebook. But if someone is able to do this, I'd love to know too!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]