FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Requested funcionality not yet implemented" message, when opening project

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kriss Rozins
"Requested funcionality not yet implemented" message, when opening project
on Feb 21, 2008 at 9:51:02 am

Hi, everyone!
I have a problem with opening project in Encore CS2 (running on WinXP SP2).
Project was created quite long time ago (with the same Encore CS2) and edited quite often (in CS2 only, no other versions have been used).
Today, I tried to open it but "Requested functionality not yet implemented" message popped up and after pressing OK (only button that is offered), it switched to default Encore opening menu. Computer restart doesn't help.
And it doesn't matter, whether I'm going through File/Open or open Encore by clicking on project file, the same message appears.

I have no idea how this could happen because few hours before this I recorded coupe of demo DVDs from this project and everything was fine.
After burning discs, I saved the project, closed the program and turned off the computer. Next time I turned the computer on, the first thing I did, was opening that exact project to make some changes again and then this message appeared. During the power off (for few hours) no-one has touched the computer, so there's no possibility that someone could make any changes to project (removing project files, assets or anything else) or do something to computer.

Is here anyone who had experienced the same problem and solved it?

It's very important because the project has many timelines with 5 subtitle tracks which I created manually, so it would be really sad, if I have to subtitle all that DVD again.

Or maybe there's any way how to add subtitles from one Encore project to other?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: "Requested funcionality not yet implemented" message, when opening project
on Feb 21, 2008 at 1:14:03 pm

I've never heard of that error. But it does sound like something that a beta version might throw up on the screen. Often in beta versions, the GUI or menu elements to accomplish a particular task are added to the program in advance of the actual feature being implemented.

Is there any chance that this applies to your situation? Did you buy your copy of Encore from a reputable dealer? If they are still in business, you may want to contact them and ask them about the possibility of it being a beta version.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Kriss Rozins
on Feb 21, 2008 at 8:19:10 pm

Our Encore was installed from original Creative Suite 2 disc set and updated using Adobe official updater, so I don't think that there should be any beta version problems.

Return to posts index

Clifford Novey
on Dec 16, 2008 at 7:16:43 am

Did you ever sort this out? I have just tried to open a project and get the same error.
Clifford

Return to posts index

metta xu
on Jan 14, 2012 at 3:23:54 pm

I have the same error message: with CS5.5 production suite.

1st time using Encore:

Had the workflow all set up in Encore but had realised I had accidentally moved or deleted one of the .mov files.

had 'located transcoded file' but still the 'Requested functionality not yet implemented' pops out...

Return to posts index

metta xu
on Jan 14, 2012 at 7:15:44 pm

I've been trying for the past 4 hours trying to get the DVD authored and half-painstakingly through twice an error was generated.

I did a 'check project' and everything reported fine.

However, this irritating error keep popping out when I went to the Timelines tab: On the tab shows 2 timelines and ....Default Not Set.

i figured it may be something I need to transcode, but the options are greyed out.

As this is my first time using encore, I may be doing something wrong, but I have followed the tutorials accordingly and this error shouldnt be appearing.

Does anyone else have this same problem and how do I resolve this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]