FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD build question

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen Sutton
Encore DVD build question
on Feb 16, 2008 at 4:18:13 am

Hi,

I have imported a QT reference file from Avid for burning in Encore. I followed the instructions for burning to DVD and it appears to be working, but it seems to be doubling back on itself (for lack of a better phrase). There are two progress bars. The top one says "Transcoding..." and has four or five progress blocks next to it. The one below it says "Importing Untitled.mov" (With "untitled.mov" being the name of my QT ref file). The progress bar for the import will get all the way to the end, then it drops back about five blocks. There's no percentage or anything, so I have no idea whether it is stuck or if this normally happens as this is the first time I've used Encore. Is this normal? Should I wait longer, or am I wasting my time? By the way, my sequence is 1.4G and my processor speed is 1.46Ghz if that can give anyone an idea of how long it should take.

Thanks,

Allen

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Encore DVD build question
on Feb 16, 2008 at 11:09:25 am

Try this solution from the Adobe U2U forum.

Symptom:
Transcoding keeps getting to 99% or so, and reverting back to 75% and continuing Ad Infinitum in a seeming never-ending loop.

Problem:
The registry is corrupted.

Solution:
1. Close all programs.
2. Run Regedit.
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Adobe -> Common.
4. Delete "Media Cache".
5. Restart computer.

Also, if you are running Encore version 1.x, then QT ref files are unsupported. Even in later versions you *may* be better off with self-contained .mov file.

But try the registry fix first. As always, be careful in there. You can trash your Windows installation if you change or delete the wrong thing.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Mirek Suchomel
on Apr 28, 2008 at 9:51:46 pm

Hi,
I try this instruction to fix problem, but it still doesn´t work. Importing is still never-ending.
Have anybody some other idea to fix problem?
Pleas help me.

Return to posts index

Alan Howard
on Feb 19, 2009 at 6:59:41 pm

Hi Jeff,
am having the same problem but the above "cure" isn't working ...
It is the whole folder called Media Cache I have to delete and not go in and delete it's contents?

I tried another route of encoding my original QT ref via sorenson into an m2v ... that got to 75% and stopped importing!

any clues ?

thanks in advance

Alan

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 19, 2009 at 7:16:39 pm

Yes. Delete the Media Cache key and not just its contents.

If it still doesn't work, then I have to ask what operating system and what version of Encore?

If it's Vista and CS4, then things may be different. One thing you could try in any case is to create a new user account (temporarily) and then try and build your Encore project from the new user account.

Or, clean and then move the actual media cache database from inside of Premiere.

Or, if the source media was edited in Pr or AE, then find and manually delete all of the cache files themselves. Your Pr/AE preferences determine where those are kept.

If none of that works, then I'm stumped. Please note that everything after the registry edit is only a guess on my part. The registry edit, until recently, always fixed this problem. You are only the second or third person to report that it didn't work.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]