FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID to Encore - Missing video in MOV file

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terri Bibby
AVID to Encore - Missing video in MOV file
on Feb 14, 2008 at 11:53:21 pm

I am trying to create a DVD using Adobe Encore. The editing was done in AVID and was exported as an MOV file. When I play the MOV file it looks fine. When I import it into Encore - there is no video (black screen), audio is fine.

Any ideas?
Terri

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: AVID to Encore - Missing video in MOV file
on Feb 15, 2008 at 1:13:36 am

What version of Encore?

What codec did you use in Avid to export to Quicktime?

Is it a self-contained .mov file, or a reference QT?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Terri Bibby
on Feb 15, 2008 at 1:54:27 am

Encore DVD CS3
Self contained .mov file

Thanks,
Terri

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 15, 2008 at 2:30:44 am

Hi Terri,

Those are both good answers. Do you know what codec was used? If the codec in the .mov file isn't to Encore's liking, then you can end up with problems like the one you're having.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Terri Bibby
on Feb 15, 2008 at 4:54:07 am

I know what all the settings were for creating the .mov file in AVID, but don't know what the codec is/was. Basically, the options are to create a QT mov or QT reference, etc. and then the settings for quality, etc.

Terri

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 15, 2008 at 1:14:26 pm

MOV files are like AVI files - they are just format wrappers for different codecs. For example, an AVI file can be DivX, DV, HuffYUV, Cinepak, etc. The choices for MOV files are different, but they are available, including Animation, Sorenson, H.264, MJPEG, etc.

The choice of codec is significant.

Return to posts index

Gary Seamans
on Apr 10, 2008 at 2:57:59 pm

I have been having similar problems importing QT Ref video created on the AVID -- sometimes video, sometimes no video. But yesterday I began getting a "Quicktime and/or appropriate codec do not appear to be installed" message; this was for both Quicktime and Quicktime reference videos. Which program needs the codec? The AVID for exporting or the Encore DVD for importing? And where can I find it?

Also, I tried to import AVIs, but I get a message stating that the decoders for that media are not available on my system.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Melinda Bateman
on Dec 8, 2009 at 4:40:25 am

Has anyone posted the answer to this question? I'm having the same problem from FCP to Encore, and I'm not sure if the problem is from the export end or import end. I'm using FCP 6.0.2 and CS3 Encore. I get "Quicktime and/or the appropriate codec do not appear to be installed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]