FORUMS: list search recent posts

button graphic cut off/only shows in certain area

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Shuttleworth
button graphic cut off/only shows in certain area
on Feb 13, 2008 at 1:37:36 am

I have made a graphic for a button using the edit in photoshop option which is being cut off and not showing in certain areas of the screen, meaning I cannot place the button in the desired location.
Does anyone know what may be leading to this? The graphic is not complex and is only made of 1 colour.
Please help
Thank you

Matt

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: button graphic cut off/only shows in certain area
on Feb 13, 2008 at 12:03:57 pm

How big is the button graphic?
How many other buttons are on the menu?
Is it only the one button that has the problem?
What part of the button is getting cut off - the graphic or the highlight or all of the button layers?
Are there other layers on the menu that could be overlapping the button?
Are there other buttons that could be overlapping the button?

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Matt Shuttleworth
on Feb 13, 2008 at 2:14:11 pm

The button graphic is a long thin red bar at 55% opacity which runs over some text which is about 18 point. There are 6 other buttons on the menu, all the same but slightly rescaled to be longer on some bits of text. I have exactly the same buttons on anouther menu which show up fine, but the video running in the background of that menu has been cut off by two black bars at the sides! This i also cannot change.
They all work fine on this first menu you (scene select 1) but are being cut off halfway on the second menu (scene select 2). The button is set to only show in the highlighted state, using the (=1) and turning off the viewing eye. There are no other layers, or buttons on this menu which could be over laping.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 13, 2008 at 3:20:26 pm

At this point, the easiest thing to do is to duplicate the menu that works (scene select 1) and then edit it as necessary to make it function as scene select 2.

The black bars for the video background are probably the result of mismatched pixel aspect ratios. NTSC DVD is 720x480 with a PAR of 0.9. If your source video doesn't match that, then you will have problems.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]