FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burn won't complete, PLEASE HELP!!!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emrys Roberts
Burn won't complete, PLEASE HELP!!!
on Feb 1, 2008 at 6:22:34 pm

This has been driving me crazy. For some reason I can't get any DVD to finish transcoding and complete a burn. I have even tried going back to Encore 2.0 and now the problem is happening there. I am trying to transcode regular AVI (PC) files. I make a simple timeline and set the end action to the same timeline so it will loop. I go to burn DVD Disc and Burn DVD Image. Both get completely doen with the transcoding but freeze on the importing. Please help, I can't figure out this problem and I have prjects that have to go to DVD.

Return to posts index

Twann Hudson
Re: Burn won't complete, PLEASE HELP!!!
on Feb 2, 2008 at 2:40:45 pm

does it give you an error code?
try transcoding it from premier 2.0 if you have it. if no one gives you a fix try posting in adobe encore forum.

the real fun begins when the program loads

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 2, 2008 at 5:02:45 pm

I hadn't tried that yet. I'll give that a shot and see if it works. To answer your question too, it doesn't give me an error code it just hangs on the last 10 percent of when its trying to import after encoding. And both cs3 and 2.0 do the same thing now too. I'm figuring its got to be something simple that's what's so frustrating LOL

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Feb 2, 2008 at 5:11:44 pm

Try this Encore FAQ solution on the Adobe U2U Forum

Although your symptom isn't exactly the same, it's close enough that the given solution will do the trick.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 7, 2008 at 5:04:29 am

Welcome to my life...it has been an absolute nightmare using CS3. It hangs on Transcode or hangs when rendering Motion Menus. If I start a new project, clear out Media Cache in Regedit, then I can sometimes burn one DVD. This happens on both a desktop and laptop. I've been on board since version 1 and I'm a huge Adobe fan, but my heart is in my stomache everytime I go to create/burn a project...no way to work. What's odd is that projects that worked a few months ago, will no longer transcode, I get out of memory errors or it simply stops transcoding and hangs.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 7, 2008 at 5:21:03 am

That's so frustrating! I still haven't been able to find a solution. I've been reading forum after forum on the adobe website with no luck. All the solutions they give help some people, but don't seem to help me very much. Can somebody please help us?! This can't be just how it is? How would sok many other people be making DVD projects if they had this problem?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 7, 2008 at 1:49:00 pm

I'm right there with you. The fact that it happened on two different computers and different projects means it's a real problem. If I don't transcode or render motion menus, I'm OK...but that's what makes DVD's look professional and unique. Have you tried Jeff's advice: make sure all files are reverted to their original state, then delete the file in RegEdit and restart. There are times when this works for me and times it doesn't. Wish Joe Bowden was around.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 7, 2008 at 3:39:59 pm

I've tried it a couple times and it still didn't work. Luckily the projects here don't require me create a whole menu structure. I just need it to auto-play and loop. I think I will see if I can get it to temporarily work in Premiere Pro CS3. That way i can still get projects out.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 7, 2008 at 4:37:17 pm

Are you on XP? Are you using the 3gb switch for additional RAM?

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:29:40 pm

Yeah i am using Windows XP Professional, Pentium 4 HT 3.4GHz, 3.5GB RAM, ATI FireGL V3100 Video card. I don't think I am using the 3GB switch, but honestly I don't know how to do that, so I wouldn't know if I am doing it. LOL How do you do that?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:33:29 pm

If you do a Google there is tons of info about it and how to do it. The reason I brought it up, was that another user who was having the same issues, thought that the two were related, but it happened to me using the switch or not. You can access more of your Ram, but it could lead to memory issues with your system. do you get out of memory warnings when you try to transcode? I do sometimes, then sometimes it just hangs. In November this worked, something changed since then.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:23:00 pm

Nah the only time I got a memory warning was when I was trying to import HDV footage directly into one of my premiere pro cs3 projects. I ending up buying the Aspect HD codec, which helped alot, but it still bogs on me. This project however is only NTSC DV so no memory issues. I read on one of the forums that it could be a issue with something else in my system using the file once its made, but my theory is it doesn't realize for some reason that it's the program that has the file and then it just hangs up.

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:28:04 pm

Do you do animated buttons for Chapters? That's another function that is hit or miss for me. Sometimes it hangs after even it completes rendering all the frames and if you hit cancel, you get a blank screen. I'll call Adobe one of these days

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Emrys Roberts
on Feb 7, 2008 at 10:31:37 pm

No, honestly the last time I was animateing full menus was with Encore 1.0 and 2.0. I haven't had to make any big projects with CS3 yet. Mostly its just straight playable DVDs, no menus. Yeah I'm thinking of making a request to have the company pay for a tech call to Adobe. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 29, 2008 at 3:02:58 am

FWIW, we can't get Encore to burn a BluRay disc correctly on the Mac. We've given up on it as even the latest updates did not correct the issue. We now create an ISO file in Encore and burn the disc using Toast. I suppose the same solution will work on a PC using a DVD burning software.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR
The new Color Training DVD now available from the Creative Cow!

Read my Blog!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]