I have read Dragi's thread he started..... http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/859294
but I am not having any real luck.
I have a 25 min program, which is nothing compared to his one hour and 25 min one.
I have all the subtitles on the track, single line.
If I set the font to 10, 12 or 14, which are basically unreadable the DVD or image will burn no problem.
If I set the font to 48,60 or 72, same thing burns fine,
and BTW the text runs off the image or out of action safe.
If I set the font to 24 or 30, which is what I want I get the error message...The subtitle or menu subpictures are too complex to be encoded.
Any idea or input would be cherished.
Encore 2.0 PC
Yes, but I really don't know what the answer is.
I would duplicate the project and then go and delete say half the subtitles, then try to write out the Image. If the subtitles were still too complex I would delete more until I could find the bad subtitles.
I am sorry to say I did not figure out what made a subtitle bad.
It was alot of trial and error but I finaly got it. Luckily my program was only 25 minutes.
I made dozens of duplicate projects and would just selectively delete subtitles.
Also by outputting an "Image" I never had to burn a disc and the error message would appear at the beginning.
Also this was back in January so thru my frustration I may be forgetting something but will respond again if I remember a more exact answer.
I ended up using a 24 point Helvetica type. I am not sure if this helped solve the problem, but that's what I used.