FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitle too complex

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Bispham
Subtitle too complex
on Jan 31, 2008 at 9:01:24 pm

I have read Dragi's thread he started.....
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/145/859294
but I am not having any real luck.
I have a 25 min program, which is nothing compared to his one hour and 25 min one.
I have all the subtitles on the track, single line.
If I set the font to 10, 12 or 14, which are basically unreadable the DVD or image will burn no problem.
If I set the font to 48,60 or 72, same thing burns fine,
and BTW the text runs off the image or out of action safe.
If I set the font to 24 or 30, which is what I want I get the error message...The subtitle or menu subpictures are too complex to be encoded.
Any idea or input would be cherished.
Encore 2.0 PC
Thank you.
David

Return to posts index

Raúl Vega
Re: Subtitle too complex
on May 26, 2008 at 3:57:07 pm

I'm having the exact sqame problem right now. Were you able to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

David Bispham
Re: Subtitle too complex
on May 27, 2008 at 4:52:02 pm

Yes, but I really don't know what the answer is.
I would duplicate the project and then go and delete say half the subtitles, then try to write out the Image. If the subtitles were still too complex I would delete more until I could find the bad subtitles.
I am sorry to say I did not figure out what made a subtitle bad.
It was alot of trial and error but I finaly got it. Luckily my program was only 25 minutes.
I made dozens of duplicate projects and would just selectively delete subtitles.
Also by outputting an "Image" I never had to burn a disc and the error message would appear at the beginning.
Also this was back in January so thru my frustration I may be forgetting something but will respond again if I remember a more exact answer.
I ended up using a 24 point Helvetica type. I am not sure if this helped solve the problem, but that's what I used.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]