FORUMS: list search recent posts

Menu time out not working

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Miller
Menu time out not working
on Jan 30, 2008 at 4:30:25 pm

Help...
When I set an end action for the Menu To time out and go into play....it works fine in preview and project check is fine but when I burn a DVD and Play the DVD In a DVD Player the time out for the menu never happens.....what is this anyone help here....

thanks,
Bob Miller

Return to posts index

Justin Sirois
Re: Menu time out not working
on Feb 1, 2008 at 5:38:44 pm

I just came to the forum to ask the same question. I have a main menu that plays for 1 min then should follow the end action to a playlist. Works great in the preview but the burned disks don't ever go to into the video.

Return to posts index

Bob Miller
on Feb 1, 2008 at 6:05:24 pm

Justin,
just read your reply.....but no solutions yet i also output the project to flash swf and the end action on my menu also worked fine in the swf version....but still not wor5king when i output to DVD......what's with this....hope someone can help
HHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPP !!!!!!!

Return to posts index

Justin Sirois
on Feb 4, 2008 at 11:18:38 pm

Bob,

I can't explain why our technique doesn't work as we think it should, but I believe I have a solution. (At least it's working for me)

Through trial and error I figured out that by setting an override on what ever sends you to the menu forces the menus to timeout and perform the proper end action.

So in my case I had to create a new first-play menu with end action set to what I wanted the real main menu to be. For me, this new first play menu is just a black screen with a 1 second silent audio clip. End action is set to my main menu and the over ride is set to what I want the main menu to play after 30 seconds of no user input.

Then on the main menu I have the end action set to what I want it to play (although I presume this isn't really doing anything). And it has a 30 second long silent audio track and looping set to "None"

My main menu has 4 buttons routed to sub-menus, one button to a playlist and 1 button to a timeline

The timeline and playlist use the same techique:
Any thing that is supposed to link back to the main menu and allow for the 30 second timeout needs to have an override set so, in the case of the timeline the end action is set to point at the main menu with the override set to the timeline that should play after 30 seconds.

My sub-menus also have end actions so on the main menu each of the 4 sub-menu buttons has the link set to the appropriate sub-menu and the override set to the video that should play after 30 seconds in those menus.

I hope that makes sense!

Best of luck!

Return to posts index

Bob Miller
on Feb 6, 2008 at 4:33:02 pm

Jayson,
Appreciate the help ..this one has got me crazy...works in the preview and even works outputting to flash file but not on dvd ....I'll try your workaround and let U know what happens...Appreciate the help
Thanks Much,
Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Miller
on Feb 7, 2008 at 9:25:40 pm

Justin,
Ok Here is the story from Adobe....this problem happins on PC & Mac platforms and I have talked with Encore Tech Support
and they have agreed that this is a bug and they are reporting it as such....maybe find a workaround....they claim
the override fix is definatly not the way to go....hope I hear back from them with a fix....when i do I'll post it here the minute i get it.....

Thankx,
Bob Miller

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]