FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't figure out the resolution

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack greenfield
Can't figure out the resolution
on Jan 30, 2008 at 4:41:11 am

Hi All,
Permit me to acknowledge the fact that I am just beginning to use Encore CS3.I have purchased training DVD'S from Total Training and read a good part of the manual...Now the problem.
I have a project with 18 chapters,one timeline and a main menu and scene sub-menus. All is good with the world with one exception that I cannot figure out.When I check for problems I get one exception that I cannot resolve as it appears all my other links seem to be fine.The error message is telling me "end action not exe. because of end action on the final chapter point".On my timeline end action ,I have it set to link back to main menu.(the training video I believe did the same).As a matter of fact it seems whatever I set the end action of the timeline I get that same message...
Please tell me I am just overlooking something goofy..
Also, after I attempted to click on the "preview button" to visually verify all my links were good,I get a message box stating "general error".Can anyone tell me why this is? BTW this happened after it permitted me to view the preview window once as I did get that nasty message came after the first time and would not let me preview after.One last thing, is that this was a new project that I rendered from Premiere CS3 to Encore CS3..
All help is greatly appreciated ....

Thank you,
Jack

Return to posts index

jack greenfield
Re:Maybe I am getting closer
on Jan 30, 2008 at 5:30:26 am

Hi again,
Well,looking at the flowchart I noticed that the end actions seem to be at the link that I set up each chapter to go to on the time line.Now ,I check the window that sets the end action,and I have set the link for each chapter to go back to the main menu.Should I not see the end action for each chapter to go to the main menu on the flow chart? Hope I am not confusing anyone,but when I link the time line to play I do see the end action linked back to the main menu on the flowchart.What did I do wrong that the links in the scene menus(chapters) are not linked in the flow chart?
Sorry for the long verbiage.
Please anyone?
Jack

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Can't figure out the resolution
on Jan 30, 2008 at 12:00:21 pm

[jack greenfield] "The error message is telling me "end action not exe. because of end action on the final chapter point""

This is an informational message telling you that you have an end action set on the last chapter point. When that end action executes, it prevents the end action for the timeline from executing.

The last chapter point in a timeline should never have an end action set - the timeline's end action should accomplish that navigational step.

After correcting this error, you may find that the General Error goes away. If it doesn't, be warned that General Errors are hard to pin down, and therefore hard to solve.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

jack greenfield
Re: Much Thanks
on Jan 30, 2008 at 9:23:52 pm

Hi Jeff,
You hit the ball out of the park on the first try!Thank you so much....
You are also correct about the general error as I can not get the preview to work,in fact I have 4 coasters to back me up.In addition,I have used AE,PS,Premiere,Ilustrator for many years and I must say that Encore appears at first glance to be more temperamental.I seem to have to reboot(Vista home premium)every time I want to build a dvd if I were to make a change to it.I also get a "Run 32dll" message telling me that the program must shut down as I build the DVD.I ignore the message and in fact it builds perfectly...
I wonder if some of these quirks are directly related to running Vista? Now I will say that Encore appears to be a "Real" authoring program with in depth controls.Am I correct in this analysis?
You know I looked again in the manual(book) to research your divine resolution for me and I still cannot find it listed.
Many thanks,Sir....
Jack

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Much Thanks
on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:15:40 pm

You're welcome, Jack.

You should try 2 things:

1. Use RW discs when you first try to burn a project - no coasters if it fails.

2. Try building a disc image and then using the excellent freeware program ImgBurn to burn the image to disc.

Also, you may find this web site helpful:

Companion Web Site to The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

There is a link to a Word document that contains ten helpful tips and tricks to using Encore. It applies almost equally to CS3 as it did to 2.0. The "18 Chapter Playlist" bug that is referenced for 2.0 is fixed in CS3.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

jack greenfield
Re: Much Much Thanks!
on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:42:07 pm

Hey Jeff,
All suggestions will be put into action.
Thanks again,
Jack

Return to posts index

Twann Hudson
Re: Much Much Thanks!
on Jan 31, 2008 at 2:49:45 pm

Jeff -

thanks for the answer it help me out also :)

the real fun begins when the program loads

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]