FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixing 16:9 and 4:3 footage on DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Itobandito
Mixing 16:9 and 4:3 footage on DVD
on Jan 29, 2008 at 8:50:00 pm

I was wondering if someone could help me find a solution to my problem. First off I am using Encore 2.0 I have made a 16:9 project in premiere that contains both 16:9 footage and 4:3 footage in the project. When I bring it over to Encore and make a dvd with this footage the footage looks awesome on a 16:9 TV the full screen footage is pillar boxed as it should be. If I display it on a 4:3 tv the 16:9 footage is correctly displayed letterboxed but the 4:3 footage is also letterboxed and pillar boxed. After thinking about it, it does make sense why this happened as Encore only knows that the whole time line is a 16x9 project. Now, what can I do to get the 4:3 footage displayed correctly? The only thing I can think of is making all 16x9 footage and 4:3 footage have their own timelines then linking them. Obvisouly I would have to reexport all 16x9 footage in a 16x9 project in premiere and all 4:3 footage exported in a 4x3 project. Not sure how make chapters with that though. Any one have a better solution?? I don't mind the 4:3 footage getting streched on widescreen that is bound to happen I think.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Mixing 16:9 and 4:3 footage on DVD
on Jan 29, 2008 at 9:03:06 pm

You are correct - you must re-export from PPro and put the 16:9 footage and the 4:3 footage in their own Encore timelines.

You can add chapters normally inside each timeline. You can link different timelines together using their end actions, or you can use standard Playlists.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Lance Cortez
on Jan 29, 2008 at 10:21:43 pm

Is it possible when the next chapter button is hit on the remote make the dvd go to the next timeline that is linked to the current timeline's end action? I do a video game review show, the intro's to the game's we are about to review are shot in 16x9 and the game reviews are in 4x3.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 29, 2008 at 10:44:16 pm

Yes, it's possible. Encore 2.0 sets this up for you automatically.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Lance Cortez
on Jan 29, 2008 at 11:55:19 pm

Sweet, can't wait to test this out when I get home. Thanks for the info. Will keep you posted on how it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]