FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 - anyone delivered a Blu-Ray project to replication?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
SSloan
CS3 - anyone delivered a Blu-Ray project to replication?
on Jan 29, 2008 at 7:13:54 pm

Hey all,

People have been asking me about the Blu-Ray possibilities (especially since Warner pulled HD). Have any of you Cs3 users delivered a Cs3 Encore built BD-25 to replication?

If so, I'm curious where and the work flow involved.

* encoded in cs3 or with another package (mpeg2 or AVC)
* what format was the ISO/disc delivered (I hear sony only accepts cmf .9)
* Extra costs / time involved that you did/didn't expect?

Somewhat related - I've heard DVDit produces replication friendly files (not a fan of roxio) and Scenarist + BluPrint licenses are too much for a small studio.

Looking forward to hearing from you all ...

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: CS3 - anyone delivered a Blu-Ray project to replication?
on Jan 29, 2008 at 7:30:55 pm

Currently, the output of Encore CS3 (or any other sub-$$$$$$ BR authoring application) is not acceptable at any BR mastering facility.

Note: DVDit's CMF output will not be accepted.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Sloan Warner
on Jan 29, 2008 at 7:36:58 pm

From the research I've been going through that seemed to be my findings. A second question would be - how many of you smaller independent producers/designers have invested in programs that meet spec? If so, which ones?

I have to admit, early rumblings of Encore using sonic code to author BluRay seemed exciting. It seems like the industry has found a new way to cut out the smaller distributors from replicating cheap (or at least within their own walls).

Return to posts index

Bud Solem
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:26:55 pm

Brian Murphy, the regional manager for Sonic explained it to me this way -
Encore (and all other desktop authoring tools) is not a spec specific tool. It is an abstraction layer tool and writes "bloated" code. He said only Blu-Ray spec specific tools (Scenarist) can create a project for replication at this time.
I have succesfully authored blu-ray discs with one menu and 30 minutes of video and burned to BD-R or RE. Encore crashes when I try to add 30 timelines, menus, etc. Haven't found any workaround yet.

Return to posts index

Sloan Warner
on Jan 31, 2008 at 7:49:45 pm

I wouldn't deny the bloated code idea (for anyone in the web field - the days of frontpage were embarrassing). Though, I'd have to take a sonic sales reps opinion on replication standards a little lightly :) (prosumer apps take from their business for sure).

Too bad to hear about the timeline issue - I've seen that in SD projects as well. Love to hear about your workflow and where you encountered the errors (was the footage encoded with Encore or other software?).

Between hard coding headers for PS3 playback etc ... all sorts of new tech issues to tackle.

Return to posts index

Dan Victorez
on Jul 18, 2008 at 9:29:48 pm

Well, you can try to encoded using cs3, but if you mess and gets rejected for the replication process then you have to start from scratch. Not to mention the cost or time. You're better off sending it to a company who can guide you from the beginning. Try this one, http://www.usadubs.com , share your experience. Dont forget u might need to deal with the accs certification as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]