FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't fit video in a standard 4.7GB DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde v
Can't fit video in a standard 4.7GB DVD
on Jan 26, 2008 at 2:37:45 am

I exported 10 sequences to movie (avi) files using Premiere. I clicked on file > export > movie, which means that I exported using default settings. Total running time of all the chapters added together is around 1 hour. I imported the chapters to Encore. I also used two of Encore's motion menus: a main menu and a sub-menu. I can't burn the project to my 4.7GB DVD because in the build panel, the total size of the finished movie is shown as 6GB (or around that figure; I can't remember exactly). Now, my questions are: one, how can a 1 hour movie using only the default settings of Encore reach 6GB? Two, what are the best settings for this situation where I need to fit the 6GB video into a 4.7GB DVD without sacrificing quality? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Can't fit video in a standard 4.7GB DVD
on Feb 4, 2008 at 3:21:57 am

Sorry to jump in on an aging thread, but...
I'd start manually learning the encoding process, either by using Adobe Media Encoder or Main Concept MPEG Pro, in Premiere.
Take notes on settings, especially bitrates.
As far as sacrificing quality, that's a no-win situation where MPEG is concerned. You could go to dual-layer media, but mastering the tuning of bitrates would serve you much better.

I never allow Encore to encode my files. I'm a fervent proponent of using task-specific applications...
-After Effects for effects or conversions
-Premiere for editing
-Main Concept for encoding
-Encore for authoring
-Nero for burning
etc.

Perhaps you had your Encore project setting set to something greater than a 4.7GB disc. Window/Disc/Project Settings.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]