FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate Buttons Problem

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
Animate Buttons Problem
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:21:56 pm

Hi, I'm using Encore 3 Build 3.01.005 on XP2 machine. I have a chapter menu with 8 video buttons on it. In properties: Video: Nothing, Audio: Nothing, Duration 15 seconds. So I turn on animate buttons, enter 15 into loop point and choose forever. Once I hit enter, the background layer of my menu disappears. This happens whether I use my own menu or ones from the Library.

If I put in 5 seconds for loop sometimes the background doesn't disappear, but then when I go to render, I get a message after a few seconds of rendering: An Input Contract Violation has occured. I made a dvd last month that worked fine, could this be a new update that caused this? Is it something I'm doing? I had a client here today and couldn't give him his DVD. I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas about this. Thanks.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Animate Buttons Problem
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:30:36 pm

Try setting your Loop Point to zero. Let us know what happens.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 25, 2008 at 10:46:26 pm

Jeff, you're a life saver. It's rendering now. This must be a bug...to make the background disappear like that. I'm burning a copy now. Had another issue this morning where the avi background on the main menu would stop in the middle of transcoding. Then I would cancel the build, try the build again...all seemed OK, until I played the DVD and the avi/main menu stops after 3 seconds but the audio kept playing.

Actually its happening right now, I even re-rendered from After Effects. Build Progress: Transcoding: but the line isn't moving and it says "importing menu_1avi", but nothing is happening. I already transcoded it in the project tab...it works fine during preview.

Just replaced asset with another clip and now it hangs while transcoding in the project panel...just says Transcoding now, but nothing is happening. It's just a 205mb DV file from AE.

Update, no matter while avi I put in there it says "transcoding now" and that never goes away. Thank you Jeff.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:27:49 pm

[Jeffrey Gould] "Jeff, you're a life saver. It's rendering now. This must be a bug...to make the background disappear like that."

I don't think it's a bug. I hope it's just a misinterpretation of what the Loop Point property is supposed to do.

The Loop Point does 2 things:

1. Provides a re-entry point for a looping motion menu that is different from the beginning of the motion menu.

2. Provides a point where the buttons first become active and the highlights first become visible when a motion menu is played.

As to your other issue - does this Encore FAQ entry from the Adobe U2U forum help?

"Symptom:
Transcoding keeps getting to 99% or so, and reverting back to 75% and continuing Ad Infinitum in a seeming never-ending loop.

Problem:
The registry is corrupted.

Solution:
1. Close all programs.
2. Run Regedit.
3. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Adobe -> Common.
4. Delete "Media Cache".
5. Restart computer."

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:39:54 pm

Thanks Jeff, I recall using loop point on video thumbnails in the past to tell them how long they should play. But either way this works. Regarding the transcoding, I never really see a % sign. It just says transcoding now. This wasn't an issue a month ago. I'm not sure if I should try the regedit, since it doens't 100% sound like my problem, what do you think?

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 25, 2008 at 11:54:51 pm

You're correct in that it isn't 100% a description of your issue.

However, you can't hurt anything by trying (normal cautions about editing the registry notwithstanding) because the Media Cache is just that - a cache. Whatever Encore needs to rebuild if it doesn't find the cache it will rebuild.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 12:15:36 am

The video buttons only play for 3-4 seconds then it freezes, it happened before and said "out of memory, please save". so I restarted and it will still only play for 3-4 seconds in preview. I deleted the cache entry. It transcoded fine, then I get an error "out of memory". I have 4 gigs of ram using 3gb switch and a powerful duo processor, how can I be out of memory? This is so frustrating.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 12:42:45 am

[Jeffrey Gould] "I have 4 gigs of ram using 3gb switch and a powerful duo processor, how can I be out of memory?"

I know it sounds weird, but try disabling the 3 GB switch and then transcode again.

I have heard reports of this solving the "out of memory" problem. I have no idea about the theory behind why it would.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 12:55:06 am

Actually it doesn't sound weird at all and I was thinking the same thing. I have to read how do it, its not as easy as disabling, you have to put the code back in. On my lap top I have it dual boot, but the integrator didn't do that on my desktop. I imported all the same assests into a new project and it transcoded the AVI and rendered the motion menus and they play for 15 seconds as they should. Could my project just have been corrupted? this one burned successfully, should I just assume it was a bad project or should I disable the 3G. Honestly I've noticed memory issues with the whole suite, especially AE. Thanks for your time Jeff.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:15:02 am

Corrupted project or not, if a new project is working then I would go with what works now. You can experiment later. ;-)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 1:44:53 am

I agree Jeff. This new project is responding differently, what's interesting is that I didn't have to render the main motion menu before, now I do...which sounds right. I guess I'll start rebuilding tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks for all the support, it's appreciate more than you know. Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 2:09:41 am

You're welcome. :-) Good luck!

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 4:31:16 pm

Hi Jeff...no luck. When I first started the project, it transcoded and rendered the motion menus fine, as I added more menus (only have 15 or so, simple psd's with text) and went to render motion menus, same crash and message "input contract violation". Is there a charge for calling Adobe?

Update: I just tried to burn a project that I sucessfully burned a month ago and I get the same errors, out of memory, save and exit. So many people are getting error, how could it not be a problem with Encore? I have no clue what I would do if this project was due monday morning. Should I reinstall, try the 3GB switch?

Just tried another project that I delivered to a client a few months ago...now it won't work: out of memory while transcoding audio files...something is really wrong.

Thanks, Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:03:17 pm

[Jeffrey Gould] "When I first started the project, it transcoded and rendered the motion menus fine, as I added more menus (only have 15 or so, simple psd's with text) and went to render motion menus, same crash and message "input contract violation"."

I'm confused. If your menus are .psd still images with text, why are you making them motion menus? How are you making them motion menus?

If a project that worked before is now no longer working, then something has changed on your system. From too many things open at one time to a corrupted installation to any hardware or codec or driver changes, there is some troubleshooting ahead for you. If you disabled the 3 GB switch, maybe you should try enabling it again and burning the old projects.

Also try to build a disc image and use the excellent freeware program Imgburn to burn the image to disc. This may help if you get errors when building the project

Try reverting all of your assets to original, clearing the media cache database, closing down all other programs and background processes, and then building the project again. Transcoding everything at once at build time may help.

This is all just general troubleshooting stuff with Encore - I'd probably need to be looking over your shoulder to come up with more specific stuff at this point.

PS - If the problem is Adobe's, then they likely won't charge you for tech support. If they decide it's your mistake, then it'll cost you. Your call. (No pun intended)

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:11:29 pm

Thanks Jeff, I'll explain. I have a main menu with an AVI from AE as the background and also the chapter menu is supposed to have animated buttons, besides that there are 15 text menus and two timelines, 1) 14 minutes and other 3 minutes. I didn't disable 3GB yet, was reading how to when I received your post. I do use a matrox/adobe system, but there have been updates with both since these projects were first completed. I cleaned the media cache and deleted the entry, rebooted, tried transcoding and I get the Out of memory right away.

I always shut down programs when I'm working in Encore. I can't see it being the 3GB when it worked since July...has to be the updates. Do you know when the last Encore update was?

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:26:49 pm

Encore was updated in August.

Matrox really throws a wrench into the works. I can't help you at all there, sorry.

Encore CS3 uses the same media core engine as Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, so it's very possible that Matrox can now affect Encore, for better or worse.

I'd suggest rolling back both the Matrox and Adobe installations to a time when they worked - before the most recent updates.

You may have to call both companies for help.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:31:48 pm

I just posted on the Matrox forum. Really, there were no other updates on Encore since then? Matroxs update came out after the premiere update in November, so they were both updated around the same time. Should I even bother with the 3GB switch?

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:50:34 pm

I would. You have memory issues, and anything you can do to change what's going on with your system memory is worth a try.

You can always enable the switch again if disabling it doesn't work.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 26, 2008 at 5:52:58 pm

I have a Dell M90 lapto with the CS3 suite on it, should I copy all the files over and try to create it on there?

When you change the 3GB switch, it still shows as 3.25gb of ram...it does that on my laptop as well, so hard to tell in which config you are in.

Also, I'm rendering motion menus and even though it says 450 of 450, the blue line does not go all the way to the right and the timer is still going and if I hit cancel, it doesn't play the menu correctly.

I reverted all transcodes, delted cache, cleaned cache, then the video buttons worked, but it froze on the transcode of the 205mb AVI. It says Importing Menu_avi....this is the same place it stalls while trying to burn. It happens with every DV avi file I try to use. I'm stumped.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
Re: I have a Working DVD
on Jan 26, 2008 at 7:37:23 pm

I followed your suggestions and reverted the transcodes, deleted cache in registry,but when I tried to transcode all at once, it froze on the avi, then I went back and did it separately and it worked. I was able to burn a dvd. So at this point I'm not sure if its the 3gb switch turned off or everything else or the combo thereof. I'm going to go back and see if I can burn the previous projects.

Also, when you edit a menu in photoshop, what is the process for getting back into Encore? 8 times out of 10 after I save the changes in PS and go bck to Encore, it crashes Encore. This has been happening since version 2 on a different computer. Thanks for everything. Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
I have 1 Working DVD
on Jan 27, 2008 at 5:55:13 pm

Hi, Keyword....1 working DVD. I cannot duplicate my success, it hangs up on transcoding the AVI, then I get out of memory errors. I'll call Adobe next week.

I was able to burn a perfect DVD on my laptop, so this is computer related or Matrox related.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
Re: I have 1 Working DVD
on Jan 27, 2008 at 8:27:26 pm

Actually after burning one successful DVD on my laptop, I get the same message, out of memory and it just hangs on the transcode. It happens with other AVI's as well.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]