FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem with transitions

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Forrest
Problem with transitions
on Jan 22, 2008 at 8:26:28 pm

I'm using Encore CS2 and Windows XP.

After transcoding all the files succesfully I'm trying to output my DVD project to a folder. Everything seems to go fine until Encore starts building the menus and the following error meesage appears: 'Error: End of file'.

I know it has something do with transitions I have applied to the buttons because if I remove the transitions, the DVD outputs properly and I can burn the DVD and watch it all without any issues.

I've tried Quicktime, AVI and MPEG2-DVD formats for the transition files with the same result.

When I test the menus inside Encore, they all seem to work fine its just when I try to output it, it comes up with this error message.

Anyone hazard a guess at what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Dave.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Problem with transitions
on Jan 22, 2008 at 8:40:11 pm

Do a Save As and give your project a new name. Then try this:

1. Delete the transitions from the menu buttons.
2. Delete the assets that make up the transitions from the Project panel.
3. First clean, and then delete, the media cache database. (Edit>Preferences>Audio/Video Out.
4. Save and close Encore.
5. Restart Encore and re-import your transition assets.
6. Add the transitions again.
7. Build and test your project. To test it on a DVD, make sure to use an RW disc so you don't make any coasters.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Dave Forrest
on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:20:52 pm

Thanks Jeff,

Unfortunately the deadline came and went so the DVD will be duplicated sans transitions. I didn't really have time to check out your solution but I will try it when I get a minute - I'm sure it will work and it's definitely good to know for future projects.

Many thanks,

Dave.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 24, 2008 at 12:43:31 pm

You're welcome. :)

Actually my "solution" was just the first step of troubleshooting. I suspected that there may have been previews built, assets changed and then previews re-built. I was trying to get you to clean up any old transcodes and/or file indexing from the changed assets (if there were any changes).

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Dave Forrest
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:19:00 pm

There were definitely changes. A LOT of mucking about with the menus - they were being continuously re-designed and changed. So, does this take its toll on the transitions then? You'll have to excuse me here, I'm not all that clued up on Encore (like you hadn't guessed!).

Dave.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 24, 2008 at 3:32:07 pm

[Dave Forrest] "So, does this take its toll on the transitions then?"

It takes its toll mostly on the Media Cache Database, and also on Encore's cached files and transcoded source files (like you get when you render a motion menu).

Many changes in a large project can wreak a little bit of havoc on the database and on the xml files used to store the Encore project and other info.

Trying to clean those things up using the tools provided in Encore is the best place to start.

More advanced micro-surgery on the project files is also sometimes required.

If all else fails, a rebuild of the project from scratch can fix just about anything. That's not as scary as it seems once all the design decisions are made and the final versions of the assets are in place.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
on Jan 14, 2009 at 5:29:20 am

It's actually your final solution witch fixed mine.. just 2 hours for my deadline.. with no sleep :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]