FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray build TWICE estimated size !?!?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Ward
Blu-Ray build TWICE estimated size !?!?
on Jan 22, 2008 at 4:36:58 pm

Hello, All -

I have a hefty blu-ray program going in Encore CS3. I imported a 20.48 GB .m2v file to use, set up my timeline and menus and the navigation, playback and project check are all stellar. In the build window Encore estimates ~21.5 GB of space needed with 2.6 GB leftover. Great. When I go to do the build, however, it starts transcoding the file (even though it says it won't) and the estimated file size doubles to 43 GB which, as you all know, will not burn onto a single-sided 25GB disc.
Any ideas on what is going on here? I've done blu-ray with Encore before, including multi-menu navigation, and everything has been great. The only difference on this project is the size of the source media, as far as I can tell. What are my options?
If I burn a 43 GB .iso to my drive, can I burn that to a double-sided 50 GB disc and expect it to play correctly in a set-top player? Or do I need to ferret this whole thing out and make sure Encore burns it directly to a 25 GB disc to have any hope of getting this done?

Thanks in advance for any and all info,

John Ward
Editor / Animator
Synergetic Productions
john@synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bud Solem
Re: Blu-Ray build TWICE estimated size !?!?
on Jan 23, 2008 at 4:06:45 pm

After having problems with an Encore blu-ray project, I contacted Brian Murphy, regional manager for Sonic. He was extremely helpful (and patient) even though I don't have any of his products. He helped me understand why I was having problems (ram cache/windows) and what my work around options are. Maybe he can help you.

Return to posts index

John Ward
Re: Blu-Ray build TWICE estimated size !?!?
on Jan 23, 2008 at 10:04:32 pm

Thanks, Bud. I think I will do just that although I may be contacting him about DVDIt Pro HD. Adobe technical support has been only minimally helpful and we've already spent the equivalent of 2 days trying to get everything in the right combination to burn correctly with nothing to show for it yet. Thanks for your response.

John Ward

Editor / Animator,
Synergetic Productions

john@synergeticproductions.com
http://www.synergeticproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]