FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best settings MPEG2?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Furmyr
Best settings MPEG2?
on Jan 16, 2008 at 11:38:35 am

Avid > Sorenson > Encore.
I am usually using Sorenson when decoding to MPEG2. But it is difficult to know what settings that will function in Encore.
I wonder if there exists a sheet or something that can tell me how to get the best results?

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Best settings MPEG2?
on Jan 16, 2008 at 12:25:34 pm

Try this:

Avid>Encore

Note: From Avid, uncompressed .avi or self-contained .mov are the best choices. QT Animation codec at 100%/keyframe every frame works well.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Martin Furmyr
on Jan 16, 2008 at 1:20:55 pm

I have usually used QT Reference and encoded in Sorenson with a fairly good result. But because there is a limit with Encore I have to set to under 7000 kbps. It would be nice to have had a sheet that could tell us which settings that are best both with encoding in Encore itself or other software applcations. It could save us some time experimenting.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 16, 2008 at 4:17:49 pm

[Martin Furmyr] "It would be nice to have had a sheet that could tell us which settings that are best both with encoding in Encore itself or other software applcations. It could save us some time experimenting."

That's why I suggested .avi or .mov out of Avid. Encore's automatic transcoding does all of those calculations for you. First time. No hassle.

And there is no hard 7 Mbps bit rate limit in Encore - you can set its max transcoding bit rate up to 9 Mbps if you want.

If your 7 Mbps limit is self-imposed, then that's OK. You will still get excellent results using Encore's automatic transcoding.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Martin Furmyr
on Jan 16, 2008 at 11:05:52 pm

Thanks.
Usually I have encoded in Sorenson and Encore told me it was to high. When I have short videoes I try to get the best quality.
Martin

Return to posts index

Cameron Bailey
on Feb 26, 2008 at 2:41:52 am

I would also like some help here.

I am using the Avid 120 codec and trying to use quicktime reference files, they import OK but auto encoding in Encore gives what looks like extreme field issues, bigger than the usual one pixel line types. It looks almost "wobbly".

I have tried changing the encore encoding settings to upper, lower and progressive with no luck, is there too much data for the encoder to handle?

I have found that compressing the ref files in sorrenson works but this kinda defeats the purpose of ref files on networked machines

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]