FORUMS: list search recent posts

Encore DVD limited in Windows Media Player

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DStraub2
Encore DVD limited in Windows Media Player
on Jan 11, 2008 at 8:45:14 pm

After searching through a bunch of posts, I still cannot find the answer to my question, so any help would be appreciated.

I have created a DVD with Encore 2.0. The DVD plays fine on standalone boxes, but has issues with Windows Media Player. The client tried to play it on WMP and told me it plays, but with limited options. He can play the whole DVD, but for some reason cannot choose different chapters. Also, the next and back buttons work, but none of the other navigation buttons work.

I used a motion menu, so all of the text/video/etc. are in the video in the background. The buttons are the only thing actually on the menu, the video/audio is linked to play behind them.

The client tried a commercially produced DVD in WMP and all worked well. This burned DVD will be going to a replication facility to create a glass master and be replicated. I spoke with several replication facilities a year or two ago, and they told me there is no need to use DLT, a burned DVD will work just fine. I'm not sure if any of this has to do with anything, I'm just trying to give you as much information as I can to try to get to the bottom of this issue. Is there something that I did/didn't do while authoring to cause this issue? Or is WMP just being MWP?

Again, thank you for any/all help you can offer.

DStraub2

Return to posts index

Dave Straub II
Re: Encore DVD limited in Windows Media Player
on Jan 6, 2009 at 5:31:59 pm

I figured out the problem that I was having regarding this situation. I went into Encore and expanded the buttons all the way across the whole name of the chapter (they were previously small buttons the size of a marker to the left of the chapter names). This is why it previously worked on stand alone boxes but not in Windows Media Player. I hope this helps someone.

Dave Straub II - Straub Media - 877.75.STRAUB - straubmedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]