FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are Transitions with Alpha Channels allowed?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ejunyor
Are Transitions with Alpha Channels allowed?
on Jan 4, 2008 at 7:42:42 pm

Good Afternoon Forum,

There are a few things that I would like to try with Encore, I am making some motion menus in AE, and I was wondering, if I made a transition with an alpha channel could I get it to overlap two menus?

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
Re: Are Transitions with Alpha Channels allowed?
on Jan 4, 2008 at 10:06:52 pm

You have to create your transition material entirely in AE or Premiere, so whatever they support should carry over in Encore.

Return to posts index

Eric Jones
on Jan 8, 2008 at 6:30:33 am

Thaks Joe for your response, but I'm not sure I understand would I create the enitre project in Preimere or AE then Import in Encore?

I started building an Encore project from finished clips, and also made a transition as an avi file - is this not going to work?

thanks,
eric

Return to posts index

Joe Bowden
on Jan 8, 2008 at 3:44:51 pm

No, not the project - the transition material (i.e., the video that contains a frame grab of the menu, followed by a transition to a clip or another menu, etc) - that transition clip must be made in AE or Premiere.

Return to posts index

eric jones
on Jan 8, 2008 at 4:02:35 pm

Thanks Joe,

For a quick response.

Yes I understand now, what you've explained I have done, however my menu is a motion menu...
so I would need that transition to crossover two different clips; alpha channel in use on both clips to make a transition happen as one clips ends (menu still in motion as transition occurs).

That is my dilema, but from your explanation of a using frame grab, it seems as though my wish will not (at this time) be a possibility and I might have to use a work around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]