FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem creating DVD w/Menu

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Carlen
Problem creating DVD w/Menu
on Jan 4, 2008 at 5:16:37 am

It all started here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/879956

So I upgraded to Adobe's Creative Suite CS3 which exports the DVD directly into Encore. After my crash course in using Encore I've got everything built correctly (from what I can tell). But when I go to build my DVD, I get this Warning while Encore is validating Media: This Image has sector headers. Hit OK if you would like to continue with the record with the sector headers removed. I hit okay and the project burns - but is unplayable (on consumer DVD players as well as with PowerDVD or Windows Media Player). If I hit cancel the project is canceled. The same warning comes up if I change the output to ISO. When I go to burn it any burning program I use (Nero, Alcohol 120%, PowerISO...) tells me the sectors being reported are incorrect (should be 2048 or 2053 but they aren't).

If I choose (in Premiere Pro CS3) to burn direct to DVD without menus it burns fine and plays fine. It's these crazy menu's I'm getting stuck on - what am I doing wrong?

TIA!

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Problem creating DVD w/Menu
on Jan 4, 2008 at 1:31:43 pm

Are you trying to add copy protection or region coding? If you are, don't do that. You can't have CP on burned discs - only for discs mastered at a replication facility.

The only time to use CP is if you create a DLT in Encore and ship it off to a mastering facility.

-Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

Craig Carlen
on Jan 4, 2008 at 4:25:15 pm

Nope - no copy protection or limits on copies, I've not even specified region codes.

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 4, 2008 at 6:38:37 pm

What are your exact and complete export settings from Premiere? Make sure to include the exact and complete title of any preset that you may have used and/or started with.

It may be that you are not transcoding your Premiere project into a DVD-legal video file.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Craig Carlen
on Jan 4, 2008 at 11:26:07 pm

In Premiere Pro CS3 I select Export to Encore and the Export to Encore window comes up. I name the DVD (in this case CPDVD) and select Author With Menus. I click Settings and select NTSC Medium Quality from the Export Settings window. I otherwise don't change anything (i.e. I keep the audio format at PCM, I don't select a multiplexer (keeping at none) and I don't change any of the video settings.

Encore will come up after the video is transcoded with the video and audio as separate assets. I created a menu and submenu in Photoshop (I took two that were included with Encore and just changed the background photo). I link the chapter points in the timeline to each point in the submenus and so on. When I go to build the DVD everything checks out fine. I don't get this Warning message until it's a few minutes into the actual build (a small amount of data is actually burned to the DVD).

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
on Jan 5, 2008 at 3:51:32 am

I've done a bit of research, and copy protection is the culprit in all but one of the cases.

1. Please go to the Build panel in Encore and check at the very bottom. Double-check to make sure that CGMS is set to Unlimited copies are allowed and Macrovision is off.

2. Above that is Region Codes. Please double-check that the radio button for Enable: All Regions is selected.

3. Try exporting from Premiere Pro with all sequence markers removed. Then try building a disc in Encore again. (This is the one instance that didn't involve CP).

4. Use an RW disc to test all this stuff so you don't make any (more) coasters.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

Craig Carlen
on Jan 6, 2008 at 4:18:24 am

Well re-encoding from Premiere Pro seems to have worked - at least the DVD plays. It's jerky and skippy - and it stops after about 8 minutes, but it plays.

I'm wondering if I changed to a CBR if I'd have more success? Guess I'll play around with some settings and see what I can get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]