FORUMS: list search recent posts

video and powerpoint file in one DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde v
video and powerpoint file in one DVD
on Jan 1, 2008 at 7:12:43 am

I have my 10 chapter video in my premiere, ready for export to Encore. Now, I have an interactive powerpoint file that my client wants me to include in the finished DVD. He wanted the DVD to play normally on a DVD player but he also wanted the interactive powerpoint file to run on a PC. In his words, he wanted a "hybrid DVD." Is that possible using encore? God bless. Happy New Year to all!!!

Return to posts index

Shawn Michael Lee
Re: video and powerpoint file in one DVD
on Jan 3, 2008 at 4:15:46 pm

Yep. In the Disc tab, You will see an are called DVD-ROM content. Just browse to the Powerpoint file and it will add it to the disc. Then create the rest of the DVD normally.

Return to posts index

clyde v
on Jan 3, 2008 at 11:06:13 pm

Thanks, Shawn! I'll try that right away!

Return to posts index

Alexander Smith
on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:07:43 am

PowerPoint does not have a native feature to do that - but third party applications can do that. Not all of them do it too well - and you'll need a Powerful computer to get better results - luckily many of them have trial versions and you can check if they work for you.

Some aspects you need to pay attention to:
1. You can not burn PowerPoint to DVD directly without third party software, because PowerPoint is not MPEG-2 Video formats which you can burn to disc directly with common burning software like Easy Media Creator, Power2Go and so on. you need certain software to convert your PowerPoint to MPEG-2 or that software has the function of burning PowerPoint to DVD directly

2. Burn PowerPoint to DVD or disc. Commonly, there are two steps, first convert PowerPoint to a certain video format such as MPEG-2, then burn the video to disc. (Here you can use these common burning software like Roxio Creator)
And there are some software can do this at a time

3. Put the music and the PowerPoint in the same folder, in a word, everything in the same folder to make sure you burn PowerPoint to DVD with animations, transitions and audio track retained.

Now, you need to find right software to burn your PowerPoint to DVD.
Here I recommend Acoolsoft PPT2DVD
http://www.ppt-to-video.com/powerpoint-to-dvd-overview.html

Return to posts index

clyde v
on Jan 28, 2008 at 3:16:32 pm

Thanks Alexander. But doing it that way will "flatten" the Powerpoint to an ordinary movie file and remove all of its interactivity. What I need is to preserve the interactivity and be able to use the DVD in a computer. Anyway, I did not pursue with that because the video file that I burned is very large and the DVD cannot accomodate any more files.

Return to posts index

Alexander Smith
on Jan 29, 2008 at 3:09:29 am

A common DVD disc has at least 4.7G space. How big is your video file? More then that..?:(
Another thing is "interactivity", I don't quite understand.
If “interactivity” means you can not edit it any more.
That's definitely right after you burn PowerPoint to DVD.
But animations, transitions, audio track etc which contained in the PowerPoint can keep as original.
You can create DVD menus at the same time, so you can control your PowerPoint when you are playing with a DVD player.
That's the difference between common burning software and PPT2DVD.
The only thing is that you can't edit it any more on your computer.
In a word, common software like Power2Go can help you do a data back up of your PowerPoint. But PPT2DVD is really different.
You can test it yourself through some PPT2DVD software
Wondershare PPT2DVD
the world leading software for burning PowerPoint to DVD with everything retained
Acoolsoft PPT2DVD
I don't how to say, but someone like it compare to Wondershare PPT2DVD, maybe cheaper

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]